Verizon vs Direct TV

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Jvigorous1, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Verizon vs Direct TV

I currently use the Verizon Fios bundle package. After 4 yrs Verizon is getting a little pricey and thinking of switiching to Direct TV. The great thing about Verizon is stable Fios internet. The TV quality is good but the price is too much for my liking. I also don't like when they add extra charges and say they forgot to ask if I wanted to keep this feature.

I was wondering if anyone else made the switch and what experience they had with it.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I switched from Direct to Verizon and was happy with FIOS. For me it was about 180 for everything (landline, I-net and cable). If I had not moved and temporarily living with the folks I would have kept FIOS. In Buffalo I lost my signal during heavy rains and snow storms with Direct. Plus, they hit my card for 800 bucks b/c my normal billing cycle came up three days after I canceled my service and they had not received my boxes, on fourth of July weekend while my wife was traveling.

3. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I've never had the Verizon package, but i've been with Direct TV since 01 and am very happy with it. I've only had a few outages due to storms, but 99% the signal has stayed true for me. plus i like all the sports packages that come with it. NFL and NCAA March Madness and counting.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love DirecTV. Plus there the only ones that have the Sunday Ticket. Which is a must in my household every year. The best customer service also. There alwayts hooking me up with free shit (movie channels).

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I had to settle for comcast. :(

Fucking apartment sits the way the dish cannot operate.

6. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

I have had Directv for about ten years and also love it (g-unit is right, once you get that NFL season ticket, there's no going back). About once a year I will call them up and tell them I am cancelling and then they will procede to give me a ton of free shit. The only problem I have is when there is heavy snow and I have to drag my ass outside and broom off the dish.