VFL Network Presents - First Take (Season 1, Episode 1)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Oct 24, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

First-Take-Embrace-Debate.jpg
    Welcome to the first episode of VFL's First Take. I'm your host Jay majesty95 Crawford. For those of you that watched our previous segment of "Contender or Pretender" you will remember the great dialogue between Stephen A bigtubb_ Smith and Skip Crunk_Ness Bayless. That episode was such a hit that we decided to make it into it's own show.​
    Each week we will select a set of topics from the VFL for Stephen A. and Skip to debate. I will do my best to moderate the action, but as you all have seen, when those two mouths start moving there's not much that can be done to slow them down. :)
    This week we are going to discuss the Detroit Lions and whether or not what we saw from them last year was just a fluke. We are also going to take a look at Tony Romo, the league's leader in pass efficiency through the first 12 weeks of the season. We're going to end with Shawn Merriman who was at one time one of the league's most feared pass rushers and who was recently claimed by the Cleveland Browns.​
    So let's get started.​

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. majesty95

Skip and Stephen A. Last season the Lions started out 5-0 and ended the season 10-6, making their first trip to the playoffs since 1999. This season they have struggled to find the magic they had early last season. At 6-5, are the Lions poised to make another run at the playoffs or are we seeing them take a step back from last season?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. majesty95

• Like Like x 1
  6. majesty95

7. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

8. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Lol. Maybe they got stuck in traffic

9. majesty95

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Dang y'all that bored. I had to cover the World Series tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

I really enjoyed watching the Lions last year transform from "not so good" to "good." The Lions after their big win over the Cpu's Colts 45-0 to make it 3 straight proves that they are for real and heading into the right direction. The real test will come this next week against their division rivals Hoovdaddy08 Green Bay Packers. Now just a few weeks ago the Packers came to Detroit to fall short in a close one 24-17. This time the Lions head out to Green Bay for a Prime Time Sunday night matchup. This is a must win for Detroit if they want any chance of reaching at least the 2 seed in the division. With the Vikings 7-4 the Lions also need a little help from the Bears,Rams, and Texans in the weeks to come to make it to a wildcard spot. M. Leshoure is the reason for Coach Woodsmall's success recently as he has been running the ball very effectively taking the pressure off of M. Stafford. The lions will make a run for the playoffs but they need alot of help from other places to make it happen. All they can do is continue to play well and see what happens.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  12. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Hold on skip, Hold up, Let me talk, I let you talk!!! First let me preface this statement by saying as a child I grew up watching thee ole Detroit Lions. Every Turkey Day me and the men in my family would watch the great Barry Sanders show out on the field. But, we also had bets. We used to bet,over/under, how many points the Lions would lose by. The 2011 Lions with suh and those boys were a nice surprise but this year they will revert back to those same ole Lions. I predict the Lions will miss out on the wildcard and the playoffs. Yeah, I said it....Even Detroit native Rob Parker doesn't believe in the Lions....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  13. majesty95

Great job guys! It was good to hear from a Detroit sports fan on the status of the Lions. I guess time will tell if the Lions are for real or not.

Next, we're going to take a look at Tony Romo. He's led the Dallas Cowboys to the best record in the NFC and is leading the league in passer rating. Stephen A. and Skip has Tony Romo finally reached elite status in the NFL?

14. OzcarL

OzcarL Walk On

I was watching first take today and I wasn't sure if I heard bigtubb_ correctly

• Like Like x 2
  15. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

So is Tony Romeo elite Stephen Nay Smith? Before you answer let me just say this, " Stealing a line from you I know at big moments when you have to make a play and Romo has came up smaller than mini-me, but let me remind you that Romo's time has finally came. Every season some poll predicts that the Cowboys are Super Bowl Bound and every year the come up short and for once they haven't let me down. I'm on the record for this and I'm telling you right now! I don't believe the Dallas Cowboys will lose another game this season! Yes, I predict that Tony Romo will prove to be elite the rest of this year and take the Dallas Cowboys to win the first ever VFL Bowl!"

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Yeah, I said it..N**** Please just rolled of my tongue, I'm not apologizing for shit....They didn't make these people apologize....​
    As far as Tony Romo, we all know he's no Eli Manning. The Cowboys are doing good this year because they are running the ball and letting Romo only pass when he has too. What do I think about Romo? well, I am in a bit of hot-water over at ESPN, sooo... I will let the following express my feelings...​

17. majesty95

image.jpg

Wow! Getting a little racy up in here! Oh my.

So moving on. We just have a little time left this week but I wanted to touch on Shawn Merriman's signing with Cleveland. Was this a good signing by the Browns and can Merriman's have an impact the rest of the season?

18. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1