1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

VFL - POWER RANKINGS WEEK 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Crespo6, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

VFL - POWER RANKINGS WEEK 2
    Week 2 finished and we have 9 UNDEFEATED teams​
    Houston Texans jump up the biggest (8 spots) into 7th​
    Arizona Cardinals dropped down the most (9 spots) into 19th​
    1. Pittsburgh Steelers (2) - Steelers move up one after defeating Jets in a close game who was #1 last week
    2. Philadelphia Eagles (3) - Thanks to Eagles special teams and defense for 2 TDs to win over the Ravens
    3. Washington Redskins (4) - RGIII has his ups and downs but looking good so far after his first 2 wins
    4. Tennessee Titans (6) - Jake Locker has played 2 great games with a QB rating of 137.1
    5. Dallas Cowboys (9) - Cowboys offense and defense both showed up in a good win over Seahawks
    6. Green Bay Packers (11) - With Aaron Rodgers at QB, this team can ride him all year long into the playoffs
    7. Houston Texans (16) - In 2 games, this defense has only allowed 7 points. Superior Defense thus far
    8. Kansas City Chiefs (13) - Big win by the Chiefs, defense was every where on the field. 2 INTs for TDs
    9. Carolina Panthers (14) - Cam Newton and the Panthers had just enough power to win a close one
    10. New York Jets (1) - Hard fought game, very close and Jets almost came out with a victory. They'll be back
    11. Chicago Bears (5) - Drew Brees in a whole new system, adjusting will take some time but Brees will make this offense superior
    12. St. Louis Rams (7) - Sam Bradford had a bad game, 24 hour rule. Forget it and move foward next week. I believe in Sam
    13. San Diego Chargers (8) - Even with Gates out, Rivers is still a top QB that can throw all day. I expect this team to bounce back. Solid team
    14. Baltimore Ravens (12) - Close game but Ravens couldn't seal the deal. Joe Flacco and Ray Rice will bring havoc each week
    15. San Francisco 49ers (19) - Niners put a stomping on the Lions. Defense stopped a high power offense
    16. New York Giants (20) - What a great win to bounce back from a lose. Allow 2 points and force 7 turnovers
    17. New England Patriots (21) - Like I said, Tom Brady is too good to lose twice in a row so he comes out on fire and Pats put up 52 points
    18. Oakland Raiders (18) - Run DMC leads the way! He will need more help from Palmer as 39 passing yards won't always get you a win
    19. Arizona Cardinals (10) - Larry Fitz is a future HOF (210 yards, 2 TDs) but his defense is not giving up 52 points
    20. Cincinnati Bengals (22) - Andy Dalton comes out with 4 TDs to lead for their first victory
    21. Atlanta Falcons (23) - Falcons put in a good game all around with to beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
    22. Minnesota Vikings (24) - Christian Ponder played nearly a perfect game while AP(AD) ran through AD
    23. Jacksonville Jaguars (15) - Wasn't a pretty game for the Jags not being able to put points up. Young offense but MJD will carry this offense
    24. Detroit Lions (17) - Megatron needs the ball more. 0 TDs for Calvin is unacceptable but it won't be too long till he finds the end zone
    25. Seattle Seahawks (25) - As a rookie, Russell Wilson needs all the help he can get. Players need to step up for him
    26. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck played solid but defense had their hands full with Vikings offense playing lights out
    27. New Orleans Saints (28) - Down to the wire, can't turn the ball over or this could have been a win
    28. Miami Dolphins (29) - Shut down Palmer but offense needs to generate some more points to help out that defense
    29. Cleveland Browns (30) - Trent Richardson is the man. He took his team and fought all 4 quarters but came up short. Rookie of the year maybe?
    30. Denver Broncos (31) - Peyton Manning played real good and this team needs to feed off of him. Run game and defense needs some improvement
    31. Buffalo Bills (32) - Bills generated some points this week but allowing too many points in the first 2 weeks.
    32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (26) - Will not win ball games with no offense of points and 7 turnovers (7 INTs) Freeman can play better than that
    WEEK 2 REWARDS
    Offensive Player of the Week: Larry Fitzgerald - 9 recs 210 yards and 2 TDs​
    Defensive Player of the Week: Kyle Arrington - 4 tackles, 2 INTs, 1 Defl, 1 FR, 2 TDs​
    Offensive Rookie Player of the Week: Trent Richardson - 20 Att, 167 yards, 8.4 avg, 1 TD, 3 recs, 11 yards, 1 TD​
    Defensive Rookie Player of the Week: Robert Blanton - 5 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 INT​

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

No where to go but up! We can't possibly play any worse than last week!! Or can we :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

No. 1 baby !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Jacksonville should be ahead of us since they beat us. AD should have been POW All Day ( which he was in game : ) and woodsmall clearly is the second worst team in the league. Sorry Zikry ; )

However, I am glad to see Blanton get some love : ) We are loaded with former Fighting Irish BTW. I think the ND alumni club is housed in Minneapolis...

5. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I think I should be about 10. Lost to the Pack ers by 3 at Lambeau then crushed the Lions. Warrents being the best 1 loss team lol

6. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

Good argument but I put them down because of how the team played. Wasn't a good game at all for the Jags.

For POW, I go off stats. Who ever had the biggest game on paper deserves the title. I tend to look for players doing things on the field you don't see a lot. Don't see WRs breaking 200 yards a lot while APAD does that quite often.

7. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

Since I can't watch anybody games and see how teams win or lose; I go by last weeks ranking and how they won or lost their last game. The first few weeks will be base off records simply because I can't tell who has a great team or not. Once more games are played then I'll get a general feel on everybody teams and rank them accordingly to who is being consistent and what not. If you think you should go up, week 3 will be a great motivation for you to get a victory with style and prove this analyst (me :D) that you are worthy of the top 10.

Again as more games are played I'll get a better feel on everyone's team and where to rank them.

8. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

You suck! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Definitely was an ugly game for my Jags lol. Quite happy I didn't fall further honestly :p

10. B-MELO-82

B-MELO-82 Walk On

SO true, Ray Lewis said ,"We the defense need to bring the hammer to Tom Brady next week."

• Like Like x 2
  11. majesty95

Where's week 3? Did I miss it?

12. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

No, I finished week 3 and my computer went out without saving and I lost it all. When that happens, I get frustrated/mad and don't want to do it all over again. Lol, so I might just skip this week.

13. majesty95

I hear you. I get like that too. ;)