VFL - POWER RANKINGS WEEK 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Crespo6, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

VFL - POWER RANKINGS WEEK 2
    Week 2 finished and we have 9 UNDEFEATED teams​
    Houston Texans jump up the biggest (8 spots) into 7th​
    Arizona Cardinals dropped down the most (9 spots) into 19th​
    1. Pittsburgh Steelers (2) - Steelers move up one after defeating Jets in a close game who was #1 last week
    2. Philadelphia Eagles (3) - Thanks to Eagles special teams and defense for 2 TDs to win over the Ravens
    3. Washington Redskins (4) - RGIII has his ups and downs but looking good so far after his first 2 wins
    4. Tennessee Titans (6) - Jake Locker has played 2 great games with a QB rating of 137.1
    5. Dallas Cowboys (9) - Cowboys offense and defense both showed up in a good win over Seahawks
    6. Green Bay Packers (11) - With Aaron Rodgers at QB, this team can ride him all year long into the playoffs
    7. Houston Texans (16) - In 2 games, this defense has only allowed 7 points. Superior Defense thus far
    8. Kansas City Chiefs (13) - Big win by the Chiefs, defense was every where on the field. 2 INTs for TDs
    9. Carolina Panthers (14) - Cam Newton and the Panthers had just enough power to win a close one
    10. New York Jets (1) - Hard fought game, very close and Jets almost came out with a victory. They'll be back
    11. Chicago Bears (5) - Drew Brees in a whole new system, adjusting will take some time but Brees will make this offense superior
    12. St. Louis Rams (7) - Sam Bradford had a bad game, 24 hour rule. Forget it and move foward next week. I believe in Sam
    13. San Diego Chargers (8) - Even with Gates out, Rivers is still a top QB that can throw all day. I expect this team to bounce back. Solid team
    14. Baltimore Ravens (12) - Close game but Ravens couldn't seal the deal. Joe Flacco and Ray Rice will bring havoc each week
    15. San Francisco 49ers (19) - Niners put a stomping on the Lions. Defense stopped a high power offense
    16. New York Giants (20) - What a great win to bounce back from a lose. Allow 2 points and force 7 turnovers
    17. New England Patriots (21) - Like I said, Tom Brady is too good to lose twice in a row so he comes out on fire and Pats put up 52 points
    18. Oakland Raiders (18) - Run DMC leads the way! He will need more help from Palmer as 39 passing yards won't always get you a win
    19. Arizona Cardinals (10) - Larry Fitz is a future HOF (210 yards, 2 TDs) but his defense is not giving up 52 points
    20. Cincinnati Bengals (22) - Andy Dalton comes out with 4 TDs to lead for their first victory
    21. Atlanta Falcons (23) - Falcons put in a good game all around with to beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
    22. Minnesota Vikings (24) - Christian Ponder played nearly a perfect game while AP(AD) ran through AD
    23. Jacksonville Jaguars (15) - Wasn't a pretty game for the Jags not being able to put points up. Young offense but MJD will carry this offense
    24. Detroit Lions (17) - Megatron needs the ball more. 0 TDs for Calvin is unacceptable but it won't be too long till he finds the end zone
    25. Seattle Seahawks (25) - As a rookie, Russell Wilson needs all the help he can get. Players need to step up for him
    26. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck played solid but defense had their hands full with Vikings offense playing lights out
    27. New Orleans Saints (28) - Down to the wire, can't turn the ball over or this could have been a win
    28. Miami Dolphins (29) - Shut down Palmer but offense needs to generate some more points to help out that defense
    29. Cleveland Browns (30) - Trent Richardson is the man. He took his team and fought all 4 quarters but came up short. Rookie of the year maybe?
    30. Denver Broncos (31) - Peyton Manning played real good and this team needs to feed off of him. Run game and defense needs some improvement
    31. Buffalo Bills (32) - Bills generated some points this week but allowing too many points in the first 2 weeks.
    32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (26) - Will not win ball games with no offense of points and 7 turnovers (7 INTs) Freeman can play better than that
    WEEK 2 REWARDS
    Offensive Player of the Week: Larry Fitzgerald - 9 recs 210 yards and 2 TDs​
    Defensive Player of the Week: Kyle Arrington - 4 tackles, 2 INTs, 1 Defl, 1 FR, 2 TDs​
    Offensive Rookie Player of the Week: Trent Richardson - 20 Att, 167 yards, 8.4 avg, 1 TD, 3 recs, 11 yards, 1 TD​
    Defensive Rookie Player of the Week: Robert Blanton - 5 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 INT​

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

No where to go but up! We can't possibly play any worse than last week!! Or can we :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

No. 1 baby !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Jacksonville should be ahead of us since they beat us. AD should have been POW All Day ( which he was in game : ) and woodsmall clearly is the second worst team in the league. Sorry Zikry ; )

However, I am glad to see Blanton get some love : ) We are loaded with former Fighting Irish BTW. I think the ND alumni club is housed in Minneapolis...

5. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I think I should be about 10. Lost to the Pack ers by 3 at Lambeau then crushed the Lions. Warrents being the best 1 loss team lol

6. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

Good argument but I put them down because of how the team played. Wasn't a good game at all for the Jags.

For POW, I go off stats. Who ever had the biggest game on paper deserves the title. I tend to look for players doing things on the field you don't see a lot. Don't see WRs breaking 200 yards a lot while APAD does that quite often.

7. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

Since I can't watch anybody games and see how teams win or lose; I go by last weeks ranking and how they won or lost their last game. The first few weeks will be base off records simply because I can't tell who has a great team or not. Once more games are played then I'll get a general feel on everybody teams and rank them accordingly to who is being consistent and what not. If you think you should go up, week 3 will be a great motivation for you to get a victory with style and prove this analyst (me :D) that you are worthy of the top 10.

Again as more games are played I'll get a better feel on everyone's team and where to rank them.

8. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

You suck! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Definitely was an ugly game for my Jags lol. Quite happy I didn't fall further honestly :p

10. B-MELO-82

B-MELO-82 Walk On

SO true, Ray Lewis said ,"We the defense need to bring the hammer to Tom Brady next week."

• Like Like x 2
  11. majesty95

Where's week 3? Did I miss it?

12. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

No, I finished week 3 and my computer went out without saving and I lost it all. When that happens, I get frustrated/mad and don't want to do it all over again. Lol, so I might just skip this week.

13. majesty95

I hear you. I get like that too. ;)