VFL - Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Crespo6, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

What's up everyone? Alright guys, as I did this in my other league a year ago; I don't mind doing it again for this league. I'll look at everyone's game summary to determine my power rankings for the first few weeks till records start to really show. To make this league a bit more exciting, nothing wrong with some power rankings and rewards. Depending on how fast we advance each Madden week, I'll try to do a power ranking and reward each week. If we advance each week quickly, I'll do one every two Madden weeks.

Every team will have my own personal summary next to their ranking like you would see in all power rankings. NFL.com, ESPN.com etc..

As far as the rewards will go, I haven't read anything about this year's online franchise. I know last year, it didn't have all those rewards we would see in the offline. So until I see this year's online franchise (unless somebody already knows and can tell me) I'll be doing 4 rewards every power ranking I do. I'll choose one offensive and defensive player of the week of my own choice base on stats. I'll also choose one offensive rookie and defensive rookie player of the week of my own choice base on stats.

At the end of the regular season; I'll also pick a OPOY, DPOY, Offensive/Rookie, Defensive/Rookie and Coach of the Year.

So lets have some fun, play hard, win some rewards and get all the bragging rights! Good Luck :]

• Like Like x 9
  2. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

• Like Like x 1
  3. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

Crespo6, Thank you. Everyone welcome the AFC President.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Nice! This should be fun. Thanks man

• Like Like x 3
  5. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

Great idea, thanks for setting it up!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

sounds good

• Like Like x 1
  7. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Thanks for stepping up Crespo!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

I'm looking forward to do these rankings and rewards. Excited to see how the season will turn out and don't be so hesitant to criticize my rankings. I don't mind at all. However, I might fire back if I feel the need to ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. B-MELO-82

B-MELO-82 Walk On

cant wait i never been apart of something of this magnitude ithis got me so excited like im 8 years old all over again n to me i thought madden 12 was the best madden ever but m13 tops that LETS CRACK SOME SKULLS BRO's

• Like Like x 1
  10. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Looking forward to this once it makes its debut :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

VFL POWER RANKINGS: WEEK 1
    Week 1 is finally over and I'm happy to say; football is back baby! Week 1 had some exciting games and teams to watch out for. Some solid teams looked to be a tough matchup for weeks to come. Of course its only week 1 so on a weekly basis teams can drop or be on the rise. There were some rookies in week 1 that shine looking like they have been in the league for quite some time while others simply didn't make the impact they have wished.
    1. New York Jets - Offense put up 53 points, defense allowed 9 points. Good combination for a great start.
    2. Pittsburgh Steelers - Big Ben looking for another SB as the defense still a top notch defense.
    3. Philadelphia Eagles - Speed, speed, speed! Eagles offense will be very deadly this year.
    4. Washington Redskins - Can second overall pick rookie RGIII lead this team to the playoffs? So far so good.
    5. Chicago Bears - 481 yards gained. Trading for Drew Brees could definitely help this team in the long run.
    6. Tennessee Titans - 2nd year pro Jake Locker wins the QB battle in camp. Beats the AFC Champs Patriots.
    7. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford has the potential to be a top QB. With a improve defense, could be fun.
    8. San Diego Chargers - Philip Rivers played outstanding in a win over Raiders in overtime on MNF.
    9. Dallas Cowboys - Best way to start the season? Beat the defending world champs!
    10. Arizona Cardinals - John Skelton gets the start, puts up big numbers and the defense backs him up.
    11. Green Bay Packers - Great game all around, close one. Rodgers leads his team with a 3 TD performance.
    12. Baltimore Ravens - Offense struggles but defense came through. With improvement, watch out for Ravens.
    13. Kansas City Chiefs - Hard fought win as Jamal Charles led the way. Eric Berry back is a big boost for this D.
    14. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton came to play. There is no limit for this guy. Will be tough to stop him.
    15. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jags take the win with MJD leading the way. Gabbert's improvement is the key.
    16. Houston Texans - Texans have the team to win a SB but will they finally reach to the top?
    17. Detroit Lions - Megatron and this high power offense is going to be a tough matchup for any defense.
    18. Oakland Raiders - Coming off a disappointment lose in overtime, will they bounce back in Week 2?
    19. San Francisco 49ers - This team has all the pieces to the puzzles but can Alex Smith lead them?
    20. New York Giants - Defending SB champs hit a bump week 1. Just remember who's the QB, Eli Manning.
    21. New England Patriots - Tom Brady is too good to lose twice in a row. I see him leading for a victory in Week 2.
    22. Cincinnati Bengals - Tough to come to Baltimore and find a win but lose by 2 shows this team is no joke.
    23. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan has all the weapons he could ask for. This should be their wake up call.
    24. Minnesota Vikings - AP coming back from injury will definitely take some time but AP will be AP soon enough.
    25. Seattle Seahawks - Rookie Russell Wilson will have his ups and downs. Played well and will get better.
    26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Close battle, new RB Joseph Addai shines as well as new WR Vincent Jackson.
    27. Indianapolis Colts - First round pick Andrew Luck. Is he the next Peyton Manning? We shall see.
    28. New Orleans Saints - Letting Brees go might hurt them but Forte definitely helps with big arm Cutler at QB.
    29. Miami Dolphins - Coming into the season with concern at QB. Can Rookie Tannehill take the pressure?
    30. Cleveland Browns - Rookies Weeden and Richardson are the future. Young solid defense. Bright future ahead.
    31. Denver Broncos - Peyton Manning is back but lost some key players to injuries. Can the next guy step up?
    32. Buffalo Bills - Its only week 1 so no panic mode here. This team has talent, they just need to put it together.
    WEEK 1 REWARDS
    Offense Player of the Week: Jimmy Graham - 9 recs 247 yards and 2 TDs
    Defense Player of the Week: Ray Lewis - 7 tackles, 4 sacks, 5 TFL, 1 FF
    Offense Rookie of the Week: Andrew Luck - 20-31 64%, 223 yards, 83.1 rating, 1 TD, 73 rushing yards, 2 TDs
    Defense Rookie of the Week: Stephon Gilmore - 8 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 4 Deflections

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 10
  12. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

Once I take over the Houston Texans, I'll be holdin' that Lombard.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

Yeaaaahh buddy welcome back SaintRaw and the jets bout to move down cause the steelers will be on top !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

19? Damn it!

15. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

Also guys, since I can't watch anyone play I rank by wins and how you win.

16. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

I see I'm ranked 32.

/challengeaccepted

• Like Like x 3
  17. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Quick, unimportant note: you have RG3 listed as 'second round pick' instead of 'second overall pick'.

Amazing work to have done this though, and I look forward to the Bills climbing the rankings from week 3 onwards :D

18. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

Lol thanks didn't see that. Just fixed it.

19. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Awesome job! I'll take 24 even though 28 would have been more appropriate :p BTW, his nickname AD not AP. One of my per peeves ;)

You Tube

20. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

I want some more feedback guys! =]

• Like Like x 1
  21. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

didnt actually get to play my game, lol. But when I do ill be sure to hit u up with feedback :)

22. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

The chargers are about to take a serious fall....back 2da drawing board

23. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

Can't argue with my placement... That second half of my week 1 game just got plain ugly (hard to believe it ended up such a blowout after going into halftime down only 14-10). And with the guys I have who are injured, it might stay that way for awhile. I'm going to have to figure out some new tricks to get this team back on track.

24. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I should be last with the way I'm playing

25. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

I dunno about 4th.. Division is tough, we will see