Vick Cassel Trade - An Opponents Perspective

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by bawvu97, Sep 20, 2012.

1. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Neither GM was pleased with their QB's performance against the Ravens so I thought I would add a little insight to what I think went into the trade and what each team is getting.

We Will start with Matt Cassel and his Former Team - The Chiefs - GM - Frank Bumb - Current Record - 3 - 2

Cassel was thrown under the bus during his game with the Ravens. It was clear his time in KC was coming to a head but no one knew how quickly this would happen. Cassel did not have a horrible day but he managed not to throw one td despite the ravens losing a starter CB in the 2nd quarter. Bowe had a couple drops with Cassel leading him to much on several routes.

Contract Summary:

[​IMG]

Next We Will Talk About Mike "The Felon" Vick and his Former Team - The Eagles - GM - Marty Webb - Current Record - 0 - 5
    The proverbial shit had hit the fan in Philly and Marty had enough of vick. Shady McCoy is an animal but to say vick underperformed is an understatement. He had to go. Marty is clearly biased against left handed quarterbacks something about a muscle memory in his stick :). Vick was being grossly overpaid and with the payroll in philly someone was going to be the fall guy and Marty was bound and determined to make it
    someone else.
    Let's Look at Vick's Contract​
    [​IMG]
    Philly also got a third round pick in exchange for Vick.​
    Who made out the best? I have to say a slight edge goes to Philly. Freeing up quite a bit of cap space and a third rounder. Vick just wasn't a good fit for Marty's playstyle.​
    MartyWebb and Baron just trying to make content guys don't take it seriously :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Good stuff Eric. The winner will be TBD until we see what Baron can do with Vick. Cassel will compete for a starting job, but Nick Foles looks to be the quarterback of the future for the Eagles. What the Eagles do with that 3rd round pick will also be big.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Should have just gotten picks if you were planning on Foles being your guy :/

4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Oh and Mr. Reporter, get your facts straight: Cassel had played an integral role in all THREE of my losses. :p

(Great stuff man, enjoyed this!)

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I feel that we in Oakland are losers as we now face Vick twice annually. Damn didn't see that going through.

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Eh don't be too worried. It is ME controlling him.

7. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

He'd have to throw in more than I'd be willing to take from him. The team isn't one or a few players away from being competitive, it's a good coach away from that. ;)