Vick to the EAGLES!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by HotRod, Aug 13, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Vick to the EAGLES!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938

Damn, damn, damn. I don't want him in the NFC East, especially on the Eagles who are already stacked. However in our Online Franchise I hope we wait for that next update...LOL. If so it's going to get UGLY.

2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

friggin right.

I went to Virginia Tech and am a huge Vick fan and supporter. dude served his time, so happy he signed with a team.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

granted i'm a 49ers fan, but good for you Vick.

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Wow - wonder if this will make the roster update.

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes McFlabby to whine about not being the undisputed starter?

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Def not Roster update #1.

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

1st week of the regular season.

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

<Mr. Burns> Excellent </Mr. Burns>

Distractions from a player that can't play till week 7 if they let him, and he'll be rusty too. Muahahaha.

8. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

Welcome to Vick-adelphia.

btw, Week 7, Philly at Washington on MNF. ESPN is gonna be all over Vick. If the planets align by then, McNugget is hurt and Vick starts that night. Can you imagine the hype for that one?

9. theSANDMAN215

any ideas when he will be in the game? I could wait a few days to start my dynasty, but I'm not waiting a week or so.

10. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Now, McNabb, Westbrook, Shady, Maclin, and Jackson. Add Vick to the already dangerous speed and playmaking ability to those guys have. Scary stuff for a NFC favorite already.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I would rather just create vick and put him in then wait for a roster update just to add him....

12. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

The guy was worthless in a west coast system, going to another West Coast System.... Wah.... Wah....

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Exactly. It's the dumbest move Philthy could have possibly made...

Vick is totally using them for money and a spring board in a season or two.

14. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

You forgot McCoy. The offense looks like it could be dangerous.

15. theSANDMAN215

i mean they could have already created him with ratings and all, and could put him in the game easily tonight with the roster update.

16. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

all the nay sayers just need to watchout and he could be back sooner than week 7 thats a at the most suspension but i bet he does good in philly he was a monster in atlanta and will be an even bigger problem in philly even if hes not the number 1 man speed kills and he aint lost no speed in 2 years im sure hes not even 30 yet so like i said watch outtt

17. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Is there supposed to be a roster update coming tonight? Or not till Week 1?

I blocked myself from reading about Madden for the past month.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

If I had to pick an ideal situation being a Giants fan, this is it.

As someone pointed out, if McNabb whined like a little bitch with Kevin Kolb behind him, imagine how much he's gonna pout with Vick behind him. Every game, distractions with reporters and protesters covering the Eagles like it's the Super Bowl. He can't play til week 7, will be rusty as hell, and is going to a West Coast offense.

Brilliant!!!

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

it will be a 4 game suspension at most if not sooner.

This is perfect for cowboys and giants fans as Mcchoky can't handle not being the #1 guy. He couldn't get over Kolb last season and he's a huge reason why TO didn't work. people started talking about TO and he got upset that everyone wasn't paying attention to him.. Just wait till Vick gets off suspension and the reporters all go to vicks locker and pass Mcnabbs without even telling him hi...

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

It's 6 weeks BBJ, Goddell already ruled on that. He can practice but not attend the games

21. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Lets not kid ourselves here guys. The Birds did not bring Vick in to be the face of the franchise. If they can get anything positive from this year I would be shocked. This signing isnt going to make or break anything. Maybe this takes the attention off the face that if the Eagles do not win the Super Bowl soon the window will be shut.

22. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I hope all the Vick naysayers catch their foot in their mouth.. LOL, why does everyone think he lost his talent. You can't coach speed and he will gain his skills back!

23. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

as far as the TMFL goes I don't think we would have to wait for Vick to be updated in. I am sure at some point he will be in an update and once he is than we just let the Eagles have him for the contract he signs with and what not. There is no guarantee EA will even add him though.

24. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

he has played terrible the two seasons prior to the Prison term, and now hes been sitting on his ass for two years, uhh yeah He will be good for the occasional play but he wont be anywhere near as explosive.

25. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

That statement is both true and false. According to ESPN, if the team and others give him a thumbs up on play and make a case, Roger could reduce the suspension. I am a big Eagles fan but I was alittle skeptical on the deal.

However, after listening to to several views on the issue Im alittle more relaxed. I think this signing was meant for a few reasons.

1) Keep Mcnabster in check and make sure he doesnt go on his wine fest.

2) Really throw Defense's off guard.

If the Eagles line Vick up beside Westbrook or have him out as a wideout, teams will be thrown way off. The Eagles have always been known to really pull off some trick plays. With Vick in there, other teams will be on there toes.

McNabb, Westbrook, and Vick on the field together will have teams flipping