Video Scouting: A suggestion

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by carolinaeasy, Aug 12, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Video Scouting: A suggestion

I am a coach in real life, and as part of my duties I evaluate A LOT of film. This is part of life in football, and has been for years, coaches meet, swap film, then study the film. It helps prepare gameplans, and get the players ready as well. It would be great to do this in our league as well, but EA does not really provide a great avenue for this. It is impossible to save a whole game, and to be honest who would really watch an entire game? But it would be nice to see how your upcoming user vs. user opponent is playing, so here is what I came up with.
    • Every coach can upload two offensive touchdowns from their game to the dynasty wire
    • The camera angle must be Press box wide so you can see the formation
    • This would enable you to see a bit of how they score

What are your thoughts? I think it would help

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

That sounds like a great idea. I save 5 highlight videos per game for my collection.
    Great idea bro

What do the rest of you guys think ?

3. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I try to save at least 2 or 3 videos per game.. In user vs user games I tend to forget.. but yeah :p

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well the key here would be you MUST load two of your touchdowns, the other 3 video slots are whatever you want.

If you don't score, then don't post anything, if all you hit were field goals then don't post. But if there are touchdowns on the board they need to be posted.

That is the theory I had.

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Two Press Box Wide Touchdown Replays per game? Done and done!

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

I think its a great idea!

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

The only thing I can see being an issue with this would be the guy who consistantly stops short of the goalline on a big play to show us a hb dive, or qb sneak. That is just a personal ethics issue.

8. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

True, but I tend to give our guys the benefit of the doubt. We're all old enough and have gone out of our way to find a dynasty where sim play is encouraged and demanded. I just don't see people trying to cheat their way to pad up the stats (ie completing long plays and stopping just outside the goal line to score a rushing TD). I mean seriously, outside of insane stats, what does that get you? There really isn't anything satisfying about playing like that(y)

Plus, everyone can see the game summaries...I don't think we have people with constant 2-3 yard TD runs lol

9. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I agree, most people came here for a football sim experience. I personally would think I was ruining the entire purpose of this for myself and 11 other people if I was doing things like that.

I like legit play :D

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

We have had no issues or reasons for concerns on the ethics of any of the dynasty players. Im all for the scouting for the sim experience etc etc, HOWEVER im against trying to micro manage a good group of dynasty players who have given me no reason to doubt their dedication to sim football and to this dynasty. Just my opinion.

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am sorry guys, I didn't mean to raise concerns about anyone. I guess it is the school teacher in me, but I was looking for the loop holes to the system that could be abused. I am not sure if any other dynasties are doing something like this or not, so it may have some kinks.

I guess the meaning was lost over the internet.

12. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

It wasn't lost Carolina, I understand what you mean.

It could definitely be a super cool scouting tool :D

13. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

recorded games is the only "true" way to scout an opponent for a user game. Your not going to get much out of a "couple" TD highlight's. Hard to pick-up tendencies just from that.

there isnt much too it, and several people on TF (including myself do it).

14. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

yeah, that is pretty hardcore though. i mean if everyone in the league does it, then i don't mind lol

15. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

nah, i do it for fun and b/c it adds to the league. Bout impossible to get everyone to do it...lol.

16. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im getting a webcam for the soul purpose of capturing games. My upload is kinda slow so im gonna have to do a delayed cast so my game don't lag.

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

You are exactly right, but if you see over the course of the season that your opponent is scoring in a similar way multiple times, you can at least be prepared for that style of play.