Vikings News

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Miklos_Nyiszli, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

Breaking News out of Vikings camp they have a new head coach Miklos has taken over. He will be here tomorrow to give his first words as the New Headcoach of the Vikings...

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

Media Day

New Headcoach Miklos coming to the stand. Hey folks i just want to start off with saying i couldnt let this chance go by i am sorry to all the Browns players and coaches. I do know u have replaced me already and i am glad to hear so. I hope u all the best but i couldnt let the chance of coachin the Viking go by. Now with that said lets move onto the Vikings.

Vikings r a great team and how they r only 7 and 7 is by me. I am here to prove they r a much better team then that and maybe with alot of help we can still make the playoffs. If not we will be making some changes in the offseason to start the rebuilding process. We have a great core of players to start the rebuilding around already. Offseason AP Harvin and Rice and Defense u have E Berry Jared Allen and Edwards. We r still a good team and will be making some big moves coming this offseason to be ready. I hope everyone the best of luck out there but be ready this season is not over yet and the vikings r wanting to make a big playoff push. I just hope we get the team working together well alot faster then i got in the Browns. We r doing a different Defense here with a 4-3 which is alot different then the Browns but i will work around that and see how things go. We will be ready for the hot Eagles but they better be ready for us. GL to everyone out there and keep ur eyes on the Vikings this offseason.

3. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

Lions Win Thriller Against Vikings

by Arnold Driver
    Blogger, Detroit News

In the final game of the season, against a division foe in the Minnesota Vikings, Coach Winuvas finally put it all together and with some luck, squeaked out a 3 point win, 24-21.

The game began with turnover issues. After a Vikings 3 and out to start the game, rookie running back Jahvid Best got the ball on first down and promptly fumbled the ball. Minnesota, however, could not muster any closer than the 27 yard line, thanks to a stiff defensive effort by the Lions. Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell then hooked a field goal left, and no scoring came just yet.

The scoring began with the big play. Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford saw man coverage and audibled to a deep pass, which he hit wide receiver Braylon Edwards in stride for a 75 yard bomb and a 7-0 lead.

The Vikings then methodically marched down the field, using the legs of Adrian Peterson and the hands of Sidney Rice to get a touchdown late in the first quarter and tie the game at 7-7.

Both defenses stiffened in the second quarter, learning tendencies of the offenses and keeping the score at 7-7 going into the half.

The Lions came back firing in the second half, taking the second half kickoff and running a near 6 minute drive and ending it with a Jahvid Best touchdown run from 10 yards out to get a 14-7 lead.

Vikings veteran quarterback Brett Favre quickly marched the Vikings back down the field, hitting Sidney Rice for a deep 79 yard strike to tie the game up at 14.

The fourth quarter had action late. Another long drive by Detroit ended in a Aaron Pettrey 21 yard field goal to take a 17-14 lead with less than 2 minutes left. Brett Favre then hit Adrian Peterson in the flat with a pass, and AP went all the way to the house for 59 yards and a 21-17 lead with 1:21 left in the game.

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford then showed the Lions why they had the faith to draft him #1 overall last year, as Stafford quickly marched the troops down the field and scored on an 8 yard pass to reserve tight end Richard Quinn to get a 24-21 lead with :32 left. A pass play late by Favre across the middle to go with a fumble ended the game before Favre could work his magic one more time.

For the Lions, Matthew Stafford went 17 of 25 for 286 yards and 2 touchdowns. Rookie halfback Jahvid Best carried the rock 20 times for 89 yards and a touchdown. Best was also a force in the passing game, catching 4 balls for 42 yards. Tight end Brandon Pettigrew also caught 4 passes for 50 yards. On defense, linebacker Angelo Crowell had 5 tackles and a sack, and rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh had 4 tackles and a sack. The defense as a whole had 4 sacks of Brett Favre on the day.

For the Vikings, Brett Favre, in possibly his last game in the OMFL, went 13 of 24 for 282 yards and 3 touchdowns to go with an interception and a fumble. Adrian Peterson carried the load in the running game, getting 14 carries for 77 yards. Wide receiver Sidney Rice was a beast for the Vikings in the passing game, getting 5 catches for 139 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, defensive end Ray Edwards had 3 tackles, a sack, and 2 forced fumbles.

"We played a helluva team today out there in the Vikings," Coach Winuvas said during his post game press conference. "Our defense helped tremendously and really played solid. We ran some different schemes today and threw some zone at Brett, which he may not have seen a lot this year. We tried to throw some sneaky blitzes in, and I think it worked."

Coach Winuvas also was asked about his ball control scheme he implemented in the game.

"That is the kind of offense we want here in Detroit," Coach Winuvas explained. "We're trying to build a power running attack here with the Lions. This is what we are trying to do, and I think today is something we can build on. (Rookie halfback Jahvid) Best had a solid game minus 2 fumbles. Matthew Stafford was spotty at times, but he made plays when he had to. These kids had a solid game all around, and instead of losing a close game, they won one. THIS is what we've been preaching to them - stay competitive, be close late, and eventually the talent will earn a win instead of a loss."

Coach Winuvas was beaming with pride about his squad during his post-game conference, even with 3 fumbles, 2 of them lost.

"Turnovers are a part of the game. If we limit them, we win. We got lucky today, and the defense helped out Jahvid's confidence after he dropped the ball a bit. This was a total team effort by those guys. Those 55 guys earned the victory in there because they wanted it," Coach Winuvas said of his team.

Coach Winuvas got a solid victory against a divisional opponent in his last game of the season to get the Lions record at 5-11 on the year. With the team giving maximum effort and playing well and competing in every game that Coach Winuvas has roamed the sidelines, ownership and fans have something they have not had in a while in Detroit for the Lions: hope

4. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

Coach Miklos after the game was upset and disappointed in the team.

Well we had a good game going on the ground but the old guy playing QB wanted to throw it some more for what may be his last year in the league but for sure the last game as a Viking. We will no longer let him old us back from what we should be a running power team. This offseason will come alot of changes and different plays. Be ready for the vikings come next year we will be making a strong push for the playoffs for sure next year if not OMFL bowl.