Vikings vs Packers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dakota7, Nov 16, 2012.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Pack 17
    Vikings 10

With both teams already locked into their playoff spots, the teams approached this game differently. Adrian Petersen did not play, much, for the Vikings while the Packers were all hands on deck. The result was a defensive struggle, as the Packers settled for a couple of red zone field goals and the Vikings turned it over multiple times. But Aaron Rodgers was able to connect on a fourth quarter touchdown pass to Randall Cobb to put the Pack up by 7 (following the 2 point conversion). Both teams now head to playoffs, as the real season starts now.

Gg JSimms

• Like Like x 1
  2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I'm guessing you didn't write this immediately after our game? The final score was 20-17; you won on a last-second FG after Rodgers scrambled his way up the field three times on the final drive (my fault for not spying). It was a very tight game, which was surprising considering the Vikings sat several starters on D, and their pro-bowl running back AP. I decided to keep the offense and defense very vanilla in anticipation of seeing you again in the playoffs. Expect a much different attack come playoff time! As always, great game - you and I will be fighting for NFC North supremacy for years to come...

• Like Like x 1
  3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Interesting approach. I went full steam ahead by not benching anyone either. I wanted Home field throughout the playoffs. No injuries to report and Loftin comes back in time for our first playoff game. Word to ya motha.

4. JSimms

I haven't worked on AP's injury rating yet, and would have no chance (or so I thought) to win without him. Plus, AP had already met his season goal, and Gerhart needed 124 to get his as well (although he came up short). Several other players on the defensive side of the ball were subbed in for season goal purposes as well.

5. dakota7

Will your "attack" be similar to the game where I was beating you 21-6?

6. JSimms

It's your world, Dakota - we're all just playing in it for a chance to be second best. Give me Aaron Rodgers versus the Vikings secondary, and I'll put up a lot more than 20 points. I like the confidence though; will make the W with an inferior roster that much more rewarding when it counts!

7. dakota7

Would it be too much to ask for a little humility or grace out of you for once? Or just some good sportsmanship?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012