Villarreal Club de Futbol

Discussion in 'TFL Club Pages' started by F l Wence2 l S, Oct 16, 2013.

1. F l Wence2 l S

F l Wence2 l S Walk On

Los Titulares del club hasta el momento...todo puede cambiar pero por horita estos son los once del technico.

[​IMG]

2. F l Wence2 l S

F l Wence2 l S Walk On

Marcelino_Garcia_Toral.jpg
    Villarreal Manager Marcelino Garcia Toral Celebrating during his teams dominant 4-1 performance vs Lille in the cup.

Sitting down with coach Marcelino of Villarreal CF, who have gotten off to a great start in both league and cup play.

Press: Marcelino, your team has gotten off to a great start in all competitions. To what do you contribute the great form?

Marcelino: Good Managing. -pause for laughter- Really though, the players have bought into my system, and the results will be there. Starting the play from the back and slowly building up towards the goal is what my system is all about. We have moments that just make the fans want to slobber at how smooth our passing is, but we also have moments that put fans to sleep. We try and avoid those moments.

Press: You got two massive games this week (week 3) against Gladbach, and Lokomotiv. Both very good football teams and the gladbach game is in germany. What do you have to do to get max points?

Marcelino: Well in order to get max points we have to win one game first, so we are just going to prepare for those quality teams one game at a time. Nothing special, if we can instill our style on the game I see no reason we can’t be victorious in both games.

Press: Speaking of your style, the Russian press has recently came out and said your style is ‘soft’ and that your attacking trio, which has been dominant, of Cani, Gio and Aquino will be bodied every time they get the ball. What do you have to say about that?

Marcelino: First off, we play football here, we don’t go out looking to intentionally foul do like they do in Russia. Secondly, those three players will be ready and I expect them to play with the attacking flair they have been playing with. With Pace, Vision, and Freedom. Thank you for your time.

Press: That was Villarreal Manager, Marcelino, who was kind enough to join us. This is Spanish Football News, where you can catch all Villarreal games in their quest for trophies.

3. F l Wence2 l S

F l Wence2 l S Walk On

Gio2.jpg
    Villarreal celebrating Gio's third goal against Lokomotiv, which proved to be the winner.

Press: Gio, fantastic performance by you today, and congratulations on two huge wins this week.

Gio: Thank God for the goals, without him I wouldn't have scored any. And it was a big week, we wanted to make a statement to the league that we were for real, and we are contenders. Mission accomplished, I think.

Press: Word out of russia is that you were considered soft before the game. Did that motivate you?

Gio: Absolutely, I keep that article in my locker in the clubhouse and with that motivation came three goals. The second being one of the best I've ever scored in my career.

Press: You were man of the match, haven't gotten many of those so far in the league. Were you frustrated at all by your performances?

Gio: Not at all, the team was winning and performing well. How could I be frustrated? We are eleven players out there, lead by arguably two of the best center defensive midfielders in the league with Bruno and Tomas Pina. They are work horses and never get the credit they deserve yet they go about their business like professionals, and they played fantastic in the middle of the park against a very good lokomotiv team. That's the attitude I try to have.

Press: There are suggestions out of the russian press that arguably two of the goals, your free kick and the winner, should not have happened. A questionable foul call and a bad keeping mistake. What do you say to that?

Gio: I say we won 3-2, that is all. I'm not here to criticize the officials or there keeper.

Press: Well, Gio, go and celebrate the win with your teammates, thank you for joining us.

Gio: Thank you, always a pleasure.

Press: That was Gio dos Santos after his hat trick performance against the russians, Lokomotiv. And remember, stay tuned here to Spanish Football News, where you can catch all Villarreal games. Thanks.

4. F l Wence2 l S

F l Wence2 l S Walk On

Marcelino.jpg
    Manager Marcelino Barking Orders at Cani during Villarreals 2-0 win @ Shakhtar

After the game Marcelino was very pleased with getting such a massive away result vs a very good team.

He was quoted "it wasn't easy, the first half was very difficult for us going forward. They were very organized defensively and we were essentially passing it back and forth around the box looking for a hole that wasn't there. We were very fortunate to go in front but we were far the better team in the first half and it was a just halftime scoreline. The second goal, again, came via a goalkeeper mistake but are we not supposed to score just cause he made a mistake? In this game the team who makes fewer mistakes will always win, period. Tomas pina still had work to do and he did it, putting us up 2-0 going into the half, a half which was entirely played in shakhtars half."

Asked by a Ukrainian reporter if he felt lucky to win after Shakhtar hit the post three times in the second half, Marcelino simply replied "no." and when asked to elaborate. he replied with "the better team won" which earned a few chuckles from some of the press members.

Later in the interview he was asked why his gameplan was so effective. "Well, we've seen plenty of film on shakhtar and had the scouting report so we knew what we had to do. Force them to play down the middle rather than down the wings with those fantastic wingers they have. So, we afforded them no space on the edges and funneled everything down the middle. Sure, they got off some long shots but we can live with shots being fired from 20 plus yards out. Percentages say those have very slim chances of going in. All about the numbers with me."

And when asked about his teams perfect start in all competitions "It has been a great start for us, both in the league (6-1-0) and the cup (3-1-0). But nothing has been won, yet. If we don't come out of this season with silverware this start would have been pointless. We are here to win trophies, not see how long we can stay with a 0 in the L column. Thank you all for your time"