Virginia (JRawlins)

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by theSANDMAN215, Aug 1, 2009.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Virginia (JRawlins)

watch the quick slants, runs them well. I bumped the DBs and even played some zone with my LBs but he still got them off.

runs a solid offense. Defense will get better with better players.

His defense stops the run very well.

use the pass to set up the run.

overall, either the best or 2nd best player in the league, in my opinion.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Effective at everything he does. Loves the quick passes to a streaking TE. Loves outs and slants. Your best bet is to bump and get to his QB, but that is harder than it sounds. He will think pass before run if he really needs some yards or a big play.

On defense (3-4) he plays a lot of zone, but will mix in some man (maybe < 5%). His OLBs will blitz, a lot, so if you run to the outside, be sure to set yourself up on some inside runs. He will usually shift his D-line AND LBs to the strong side of the play, forcing you to run to a side without a TE or FB or both. His CBs usually play deep zones, my guess is that he does this to allow him to take free range of the field with his FS. This zone coverage is what he will play most of the game in. The only holes are occasionally over the middle, in the flats with a slot WR or deep middle. Your best bet is to make his FS try and do multiple things (send two routes over his area or use setup plays that he tries to jump). Make him defend the run with the FS and you can get some PA off, but good luck throwing it deep, with him sitting in zone, the CBs and SS could care less that you are handing the ball off.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

is this scouting report still accurate?

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You don't play with the FS that much anymore. I also haven't played you since what? season 3 or 4?

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i think Season 3.... last time we played i lost to you then went on to win a national title......

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Play in a nat'l title. I never have won one.