Virginia Tech Hokies Football

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ZepHead, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Virginia Tech Hokies Football

[​IMG]
    Virginia Tech Hokies Game Summaries

2013 Week 6

Blacksburg, VA: In his first game as head coach, Bud Foster led the Hokies to a comfortable victory at home against the Marshall Thundering Herd. The defense employed a bend but don't break approach, giving up 405 yards of offense but only surrendering 14 points - a TD coming in garbage time. The offense on the other hand had a weird game, to say the least. Led by RB Wilson, the Hokies scored 31 points in the first half in each of their possessions. And that was it for the day. The offense decided to take the second half off, punting five times and getting completely shut out on the scoreboard. QB Simon needs to pick up his accuracy if the Hokies want to make some noise in the ACC. The offense as a whole has to improve and improve quickly if they want to have any shot at being competitive against the Miami Hurricanes in Week 10.

Quotes:
    Bud Foster - "A long way to go before our defense can be considered good enough for the ACC. We have lofty expectations, but I am confident that our guys will work hard. Offensively, we need to keep up the tempo. You have to learn to play 60 full minutes, until the final whistle blows. Our second half showing was despicable.The offense has a few surprises waiting for them this week in our practices, for sure!"

Stats:
    QB Simon 14-24 131 yds 2 TD 0 INT
    RB Wilson 26 att 197 yds 2 TD
    WR Gregory 7 rec 71 yds TD

2. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

2013 Week 8

VT 28 - 31 Maryland

3 QB + 5 INT = Upset by CPU at home ; VT is 2-2 in the ACC

Blacksburg, VA: Bud Foster watched in disbelief as his team broke nearly every rule in his coaching book and fell to Maryland on a rainy day in Blacksburg. The defense let Maryland march down the field at their will, but they were hardly the ones to blame. Starting QB Simon threw four picks, including one pick six near the Maryland goal line. QB Terrell, who came in after Simon's benching, led the team to two touchdowns before going out with an injury - he is expected to miss seven weeks. Maryland's QB was flawless, completing 78% of his passes as VT now falls to 2-2 in conference and if things don't change quickly, it could be a long season for Hokie nation. Foster congratulated Maryland on their win, but vowed to make changes this week. "If you are not a running back on this team, you better bring your A game beginning Monday, or you'll find your locker empty on gameday."

Quotes:
    UMD Coach - "Great win. They are a good team and will bounce back. The ball just happened to be thrown our way a lot :D."

Stats:
    QB Simon 14-27 168 yds 1 TD 4 INT
    RB Wilson 18 att 104 yds 1 TD
    WR Gregory 6 rec 128 yds 2 TD

3. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

2013 Week 9

VT 28 - 24 Boston College

QB Simon leads VT past BC as Hokie Nation witnesses a nasty season ending injury to stud RB Wilson

Blacksburg, VA: On yet another rainy weekend in Blacksburg, the crowd was expecting a heavy dose of the run, but watched in horror as the leader of the football team, Sr RB Wilson went down with a season ending injury. Injuries are common in football, but this one was sad to watch. Wilson, who was well on his way to a stellar senior season, can only watch from the sidelines and rehab for the NFL draft. Fortunately for the Hokies, the team rallied around QB Wilson and beat Boston College to improve to 6-2 on the season. Simon threw to 9 different receivers. The defense is still a major area of concern, but the offense showed up to play and showed progress from last week's debacle. But the season will only get tougher from here on out, with the biggest game on VT's schedule coming up next week as they host the undefeated Miami Hurricanes.

Quotes:
    Coach Foster - "Good win. We have shown some improvement, but we know who is coming to town next week, so our guys better have their best prep week of the season. I don't know the details of the injury, but losing Wilson is devastating. I'm sure our other running backs are capable of stepping up, but I feel terrible for the kid. I wish him the best, and I hope fans will remember that he worked the hardest on and off the field and he will always be a Hokie. I wish him the speediest recovery and the best for his future in the NFL"

Stats:
    QB Simon 23-29 309 yds 3 TD 0 INT
    RB Peak 22 att 82 yds 1 TD
    WR L. Thomas 7 rec 139 yds 2 TD

Injuries:
    SS Kaplan Jr (RS) 10 weeks
    ROLB B. Cody Jr(RS) Questionable
    QB Terrell Fr(RS) 5 weeks
    HB Wilson Sr(RS) 10 weeks :(

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

that's an injury bug if i ever seen one

5. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

yeah i didn't realize my SS went down too. didn't see the injury report in the game. this one's worse because his backup is not that good. My #2 RB on the other hand is capable of stepping up.