Virginia Tech vs. Oklahoma St summary

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by EaglesIrish5, May 7, 2009.

1. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Virginia Tech vs. Oklahoma St summary

[​IMG]
    Dorian Porch

Stillwater,Ok- In a college football game that ends 44-34 you would not think the defense was the story. Senior safties Dorian Porch and Matt Reidy controlled the game today for Bud Fosters Virginia Tech defense. The two combine for 16 tackles and two interceptions against the high powered offense of the Oklahoma State Cowboys. "Reidy and Porch seemed to be in on every play," Oklahoma State quarterback Zac Robinson said.

"Our safties are the heartbeat of our defense," said Hokies defensive coordinator Bud Foster.

The Hokie offense also did their part today. Sophmore wide receiver Jarrett Boykins brought in 5 catches for 140 yards. Part of Boykins 140 yards came by way of a 56 yard touchdown. "Jarrett is a great receiver he makes my job easy, I just have to get the ball in his area and he catches it," Hokies junior quarterback Tyrod Taylor said.

Taylor ended the afternoon going 16-22 for 273 yards and 4 touchdowns. He also added 25 yards on the ground.

"When Tyrod and Jarrett are on the same page you can see some amazing things," Hokies head coach Frank Beamer said.

The Hokie running backs controlled the clock and took the air out of the ball. Redshirt sophmore Darren Evans ran 13 times for 70 yards. He also hauled in a 10 yard touchdown reception. Junior running back Nick Adams toated the rock 12 times for 58 yards. "Our offense starts and ends with those two running backs," Beamer said.

With the win the Hokies go to 3-0 on the season. "We just want to work hard and improve everyday, if we do that at the end of the season we have a good chance to accomplish all of our goals." said Beamer.

HOKIE NATION

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Score was actually 44-34. Great game though. I had a little lag which cost me 2 of the 3 INTs. Very fun game though, I managed to battle back from a 20 point deficit at the half but didn't have enough to time to overtake EaglesIrish.

And damn, Taylor is almost impossible to stop on the Power Option.