Virginia vs. South Carolina

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Hellisan, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I unexpectedly took the day off on Thursday... Therefore have to work late. So, Friday is probably POSSIBLE for me, but less than ideal. Do you have availability Saturday during the day, or even in the morning?

With regards to my joke on Kakao, I know you don't use money plays. Shit I don't think there's any such thing.

It does feel lame knowing the experiment didn't work out after 2 games so you're dashing it to go back to the offense you've been dominating with just for little old me, that's supposed to be part of the gamble of going to a new offense. On the other hand, if SMLS said it was broken, and you're saying it's broken, then... Maybe it's broken and shouldn't be used by anybody.

We don't post our playbooks anymore, but officially speaking, here are the rules

"- Playbooks: everyone must pick an Offensive and Defensive playbook prior to the season, post it in the assigned thread, and stick with them for the entire season. Chose wisely. Don’t pick an option playbook if your backup QB is 50 speed. Once your starter goes down, you’re screwed!"

Now... honestly I think you should do whatever you want. If it's broken, then why put yourself through the difficulty. If you go Pistol, you're probably just gonna beat me even worse because you'll have a chip on your shoulder. I'd rather attempt to take down SC at their best anyway. It's all good, I guess just next time, the playbook should be more thoroughly vetted prior to use.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

HotRod should have tagged ya

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:

Saturday will probably be best for me as well, I should be free anytime in the morning and early afternoon, just give me a time and we can confirm from there.

As far the the playbook stuff, it wasn't merely for the purpose of playing you, I was severely limited playing against Florida last week. It's hard to properly vet an offense by just going in practice mode bc you simply can't account for all the variables. It seemed ok in practice which is why I went with the change in the first place. In my first two games I noticed some major issues in the run blocking that gave me pause. The huge talent gap between SC and ECU helped mask those issues in the first game, but against Florida there were some glaring issues that I simply could not imagine much success running the offense I envisioned for the whole season. I very much would like to try something different but when the offense is broken I don't see any reason to stick with it. Clearly with the QB I have the obvious thing to do would be to use a spread option offense but I'd like to keep read options out of my offense so I figured pistol would allow me to utilize my QBs legs more. It's not some knee-jerk decision, I just don't see it getting better at all when plays don't function normally.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Makes sense...

I will see you on Saturday. Let me determine a good time by talking to my wife. She wakes up at 4:30 a.m. every day but on the weekends likes to sleep in, till real late especially late your time, so let me ask her, and I'll put forth a time suggestion then.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

USC -4.5 vs UVA

O/U 49

• Like Like x 1
  6. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Sounds good buddy

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Can we do 2 PM EST? That's the earliest I can guarantee that she will watch the baby for me.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

• Like Like x 2
  9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yep, consider it confirmed.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[lie]Can't wait for this one![/lie]

• Like Like x 1