Visiting Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dub, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dub

dub Banned

Visiting Rules

We're having a little discussion on visiting rules over in coast to coast. There's a rule about the number of visits you can have tied to the scholarships given.

I thought it was strange until a glitch was mentioned. Castor said the rule exist here, but I didn't see it, still don't

Murk can you explain...

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

There is no such rule in my dynasty.

I've never heard of the rule, and don't really understand why it would be put in place.

IRL, people go on visits to schools all the time, doesn't mean they have a scholly.

Was anyone under the impression that there was a rule like this in TT IV????

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You specified something like this in the very beginning. Something to the effect of "no visits without schollies, that bullshit too." I don't know how far back our threads go, but it was definitely said, and I definitely remember it, and that's definitely where Mors got it from.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I don't remember this at all..

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This was the original rule found in the rules thread regarding scholarships, I was able to find it by comparing edited posts.

Scholarships
    We recognize that players have a significant recruiting advantage over the CPU, and we have established a few rules in an attempt to preserve some kind of balance.

1. Players must limit each year's class to the number of players leaving in that same year. Going over 70 players is penalized by a loss of five hours of recruiting time per player over. Penalty is enforced from the first week until the time expires. Player may not spread out their penalty hours.

2. Players can take a number of four-star recruits equal to half the total number of players leaving that year. This number is rounded in our favor when necessary (ex. A class of 17 would have nine fours rather than eight).

3. Each player's potential recruiting class is based on their performance the previous year. In order to recruit five-star players, a team must meet the criteria listed below. If none of the conditions are met, the team may not recruit five-star players in the following season, but must still act according to rules 1 & 2 when they recruit.

Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 5 star player
    Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    Win the BCS National Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    Win 10 games = recruit an additional 4 star player
    Win a bowl game = recruit an additional 4 star player
    No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 4 star player

Example:

Say I have 20 seniors on my team, I showed up for the my user vs user game(5 star recruit), and I didn't break and recruiting rules(4 star recruit).

At first, my recruiting board would look like this: 10 4-stars, 10 3-star and under = 20
    Based off my achievements the year before, it'd look like this: 1 5-star, 11 4-star, 8 3-star and under = 20

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

Coaching Expectations and Criteria
    1. Lose to a rival 4 out of five years, you lose the ability to recruit any 4 or 5 star athletes in their state.

Switching Schools and/or Conferences
    1. You must stay at each school a minimum of 3 seasons to be considered for a switch

- and achieve one of these accomplishments in those 3 seasons
    2. If you are voted "Coach of the Year", you may switch schools
    3. If you won the National Championship, you may switch schools
    4. If you increased your schools' prestige by 3 stars, you may switch schools
    5. Your coaching prestige must also be equal to or greater than the prestige of the school you are going to switch too
    6. To switch A TEAM to a better conference or school, you must win 4 out of the last 5 conference championships OR 6 of the last 10
    7. Also, if you think you have reached the potential to change schools and you haven't accomplished some of the above we can debate on that and see what happens

Was what you are talking about said in a different thread?

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I don't remember anything about this. I think I have read somewhere on the board about players commiting even though they were not offered a scholly. Nothing about not having guys come even though they are not offered. I have done it in both season 1 and 2 and have two guys this season.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I dont really see what the big deal is... I mean, if you try hard enough you can get the max # of 5's 4's etc. and the ones you dont get usually end up on another team right? so... wheres the problem?

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

alright, let's just end this convo. All it is going to do is get more people confused.

There is NO rule about scheduling visits. Every rule is posted in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.