VOL NATION

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GSUtiger, Nov 11, 2010.

1. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]
    Welcome to VOL NATION HOME OF TENNESSEE VOL FOOTBALL
    The Vols welcome in Coach GSUTiger who makes the move over to the SEC from the University of Maryland. Coach had this to say at his arrival interview "I will miss the Terps and i would not have left them for any other team or Conference. The oppertunity to coach in the SEC has always been my dream, so this is something i could not pass up. I will miss those players i left behind. I know hope to return the Vols to the Nations Elite once again.​

Offense will be switched to a pro-style system. I believe we have the players here to make the switch easy as possible. SR(RS) Ryan Brothers will carry the load in the backfield. He may not be the most gifted runner at 79OVR but he ran for 970yds last season and we look to build off of that. The O-line is the strongest group of the offense as four of the five are rated 95OVR and above. Question mark will revolve around the QB position were we have SR(RS) Brad Vincent and JR(RS) Patrick King. Will let them both have a half of play in the opener against UAB then deiced from there who will be the start for the remainder of the season.​

Defense will still be a 4-3 base scheme. Our D-line has the looked like the strongest group during fall camp. Linebackers will be lead by SR MLB Evan Hill rated 80OVR. We will need him to step up and play fast and hard to make up for less talent around him. He has been unspoken leader so far during Camp making sure everyone is in the right spot at all times no matter what Defensive position they play.​

STARTERS
    QB: SR BRAD VINCENT/PAT KING
    RB: SR RYAN BROTHERS
    FB: FR JON JAMES
    WR:SR KRIS TILLMAN
    WR: JR(RS) MATT JORDAN
    WR: JR(RS) AMIR ARNOLD
    TE: SR BOBBY SELLERS
    LT: SR SCOTT THOMAS
    LG: JR(RS) JOEY GODDARD
    C: SR AUSTIN JOHNSON
    RG: SR JULIUS MCINTYRE