Volunteers Hot Start Repels Wildcats

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tothevictors56, Aug 26, 2012.

1. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

[​IMG]

Tennessee football appears to be back on the rise after another efficient game-plan led to a victory over the Northwestern Wildcats on Saturday. However, the action started with the Wildcats taking the first play from scrimmage 50 yards into enemy territory and an eventual field goal to put them up early.

The Volunteers took the field with a very serious tone on their first drive capped off by a 3 yard touchdown run from starting tailback Marlin Lane. On Northwesterns ensuing possession, Kain Colter was intercepted on a short underneath route by star senior corner Prentiss Waggner. Shortly after, quarterback Tyler Bray would hit tight end Mychal Rivera on a deep flag route for a 58 yard touchdown and a commanding 17-6 halftime lead.

Out of the half, Tennessee showed much of the same they did in the first half- good balance of effective runs with a quick passing attack. This play eventually lulled the defense temporarily asleep for Bray to toss one over top the Wildcat secondary for a 35 yard TD pass to Da'Rick Rogers.

There were definite bright spots for Northwestern as well, including an advantage in total offense for the game-edging Tennessee 353 to 316. The fourth quarter very much belonged to the purple jerseys and appeared to be gaining momentum all the way to the final whistle but the lead was too much to overcome with a 27-13 victory in favor of the SEC contenders.

Both teams will play host to some talented opponents next week as Northwestern is home to the Hurricanes of Miami and Tennessee starts conference play against the Florida Gators.

Key Stats:

Tennessee
    Tyler Bray- 12-15/232 YDS 2 TDS
    Marlin Lane- 20 CAR 84 YDS 1 TD
    Justin Hunter- 4 REC 62 YDS
    Da'Rick Rogers- 4 REC 85 YDS 1TD
    Prentiss Waggner- 8 TCKLS 2INTS

Northwestern
    Kain Colter- 24-40/247 YDS 2INTS 11CAR 83 YDS TD
    Demetrius Fields- 6 REC 56YDS

2. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

My bad! Wrong part of the forum. If it can get moved over there that would be great

3. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

i just noticed this. ooooops! i put one in the summary because i didnt see this this morning. oh well i was bored at work and it gave me something to do