1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Volunteers keep SEC / National Title hopes alive with win over UGA

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BDSDIGITAL, Dec 16, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

This was a tough game for Georgia. They are running the option now, and they had a handful of miscues that cost them in this game.

Georgia hung tough in the first half only trailing by 1, 14-13 at half time. But the 3rd quarter was all Volunteers. We scored 10 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter to take a 24-13 lead. The 4th quarter was pretty uneventful until we disconnected with about 4 minutes to go. I finished against the cpu. I don't think UGA really had a chance to win with where we were in the game.

UGA QB Justin Seals had a tough day. He broke one long td run to start the game going 56 yards to open the scoring, but did little else productive. He went 8-28 throwing for 129 with 1 throwing td but 3 picks. He also ran 11 times for only 38 yards and the 1 td. Our defense played the option very well limiting the Bulldogs to 148 yards on 38 attempts. On the surface that might sound like a so so day but if you run the option that isn't gonna get it done.

On the other hand our offense played a very efficient game, and our defense forced 4 turnovers. Our RB Jonathan Charles had a monster game running 19 times for 224 yards and 2 td's. Isaac Rivers went 10-14 153 and 1 td but also threw 1 int.

The win moves us to 5-1 and next week we renew an old rivalry vs. Mboda and the Oregon State Beavers.

tough game makin. Sorry about the way it ended. Disconnects always are a bitch....

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  2. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Really well played game on your part. I was really frustrated with how I played secondary wise. I would switch to a guy and just completely run myself out of the play.

Your defense was outstanding.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You kinda got a tough draw. Right before our game I had played and won a thriller in t3 so I was warmed up and ready to go by the time you got on.