Volunteers keep SEC / National Title hopes alive with win over UGA

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BDSDIGITAL, Dec 16, 2011.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

This was a tough game for Georgia. They are running the option now, and they had a handful of miscues that cost them in this game.

Georgia hung tough in the first half only trailing by 1, 14-13 at half time. But the 3rd quarter was all Volunteers. We scored 10 unanswered points in the 3rd quarter to take a 24-13 lead. The 4th quarter was pretty uneventful until we disconnected with about 4 minutes to go. I finished against the cpu. I don't think UGA really had a chance to win with where we were in the game.

UGA QB Justin Seals had a tough day. He broke one long td run to start the game going 56 yards to open the scoring, but did little else productive. He went 8-28 throwing for 129 with 1 throwing td but 3 picks. He also ran 11 times for only 38 yards and the 1 td. Our defense played the option very well limiting the Bulldogs to 148 yards on 38 attempts. On the surface that might sound like a so so day but if you run the option that isn't gonna get it done.

On the other hand our offense played a very efficient game, and our defense forced 4 turnovers. Our RB Jonathan Charles had a monster game running 19 times for 224 yards and 2 td's. Isaac Rivers went 10-14 153 and 1 td but also threw 1 int.

The win moves us to 5-1 and next week we renew an old rivalry vs. Mboda and the Oregon State Beavers.

tough game makin. Sorry about the way it ended. Disconnects always are a bitch....

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  2. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Really well played game on your part. I was really frustrated with how I played secondary wise. I would switch to a guy and just completely run myself out of the play.

Your defense was outstanding.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You kinda got a tough draw. Right before our game I had played and won a thriller in t3 so I was warmed up and ready to go by the time you got on.