VOTE - Difficulty Level

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Oct 13, 2011.

?

What difficulty level to use?

1. Pro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. All Star

100.0%
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think I know how most feel on the topic, but I thought we'd discuss this since the difficulty can't be changed once you start the online association (unfortunately).

Pro - Will allow people to win more games early and may result in a more realistic on-court experience, but the CPU may become too easy to beat once everyone really gets a handle on this years game.

All Star - Guys will lose to the CPU, probably a lot and by a lot, for the first half of the season. CPU players may play better than their ratings suggest, but the CPU should be more competitive long term.

Post your thoughts guys.

RynoAid
    Bondzai007
    makinpropel
    Mike E
    BDSDIGITAL
    Papa Perry
    Danthraxxx
    JFace907
    recchem2000
    gowazzucougs
    bucsfan047
    ryalaman

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

All star, a few losses wont hurt anyone, if anything it will force us to improve which is a good thing.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

All Star...we'll all get better eventually.

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

All-Star. I've not noticed too many guys playing above their heads. Definitely not like Heisman on NCAA lol

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't see where we could go pro with the way the OA works. It has to be All Star doesn't it?

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im fine getting my ass kicked with the Lakeshow...All Star is my vote

7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

NBA teams don't win 90% like NCAA , so all star is fine , plus I may finally beat JFace907 at something :)

8. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

all-star

I will be a whiny beeyotch for the first few weeks, but eff it. I know deep down all-star is what's best

9. Dru50

Guys - something I found interesting. The PS3 league (The Zone) is actually running their league on Pro, and users are definitely still losing to the CPU with regularity (they've played about 8 games each in their season thus far).

10. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I think we will lose games on Pro as well. JFace907 and bucsfan047 I know are damn good at this game and will win regardless of difficulty. Both arguments are good. We will get better and start to win a lot on pro as seasons progress, and we will lose a lot on all star now and maybe win a few games by fewer than 10 points as we progress on all star.

If only we could adjust difficulty once we start!

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Here's how i see it. On All Star we'd prolly have 1-2 guys from each conference compete for the 8th spot in season 1. On Pro we'd prolly see 3-4 guys compete for the playoffs in year 1. Each number is likely to go up by 1 or even 2 each season that passes as we get better at the game. So it begs the question, what would everyone like to see?

Personally, i have absolutely no objections to having a more CPU heavy playoffs the first couple seasons....

12. Dru50

I'm fine either way, but I'm using the clips and fully expect to drop 80% of my games in season 1 regardless. My concern are if guys using teams that should be competing for the playoffs are dropping most of their games and losing by 20+ points a night, how long before some become disillusioned and uninterested.

13. BDSDIGITAL

That can work both ways tho. If it's too hard people might get disillusioned, but if in season 3 we are all winning CPU games by 60 how Long will everyone stay interested then?

14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Shrewd points, both. I know that being OKC, in reality I should win 50+ games a year (in an 82 gm schedule of course). Games against the top 4 from each conference should be hard games and I should only win 40-50% of those games. The rest should be wins, or very close losses. With Pro, this is more likely. On all-star I will most likely lose 60-70% of all my games. That will frustrate the crap out of me.

Like I said, I can see both sides. I am more about a strong, fun group of league mates though. Which i know we have here.

15. Bucs

I see points to both sides, personally I have no problem struggling against the CPU as long as its realistic which seems to be the case, and I would much prefer All star and try to improve my game.

16. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I'm fine either way. Pro I haven't lost a game yet, but All-Star I haven't won a game yet. Lol

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

^^^^^ what he just said

18. BDSDIGITAL

I almost beat the nets with the cavs this morning. It's starting to come together on my side of the fence.

19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Meanwhile the Rockets put up 80 by the third against me...These up tempo teams MURDER me

20. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

right, philly just beat me 100-71

Fuck it, I change my vote to Pro. I like realism, but I like fun more. Every time i got within 3, the CPU went on a 6-6 shooting streak and stole the ball 3 of 4 possessions. I havent played NCAA for a month, but this is what it felt like.

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Give it some time Mike.. i can already feel things turning as i get better. I've gone from losing by 30 to losing by 6. We will get there.. keep working at it.

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I'll give sreese credit to this, but one thing to do is to go into practice mode (freestyle) and turn hot zones on. You get to see where your guys can hit the highest percentage of their shots.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BDSDIGITAL

I don't know if anyone has tried this but this morning I turned on shot stick feedback and shot selection feedback. I know the difference between a good and bad shot but it helped me alot to see what the CPU considered an A shot vs a C- shot. I've taken many shots that I thought were decent looks but the CPU graded C or lower. It helped me somewhat not sure if that would help anyone else.

24. Bucs

25. Dru50

We will still go with all-star and see how it goes. I just thought it interesting that the ps3 crew started on all-star and then restarted on pro.