Vote for All American or Heisman

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Michael Woodward, Jul 12, 2012.

?

What difficulties should we start on?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2012.
  1. All American difficulty, All American recruiting

44.4%
  2. All American difficulty, Heisman recruiting

22.2%
  3. Heisman difficulty, All American Recruiting

22.2%
  4. Heisman difficulty, Heisman recruiting

11.1%
  1. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Hey guys, I think I found a good enough roster to start. I checked all the teams that had been missing in the other rosters that came out and they have been fixed.....I don't notice any gaping issues with any team. I think I will start the dynasty within the next few hours. However, I need to know what you guys want difficulty to be. Tom says he heard All American recruiting and difficulty is a little easy....I have no idea whether it is or not because I haven't played much. I don't know how steep of a difference Heisman is either. So, I need you guys to vote....do you want to do All American and see how it is and change later or go with Heisman from the start?

moneyliesey
    CamInMyMind1350
    steven.foster
    makinpropel
    TN_Mike
    tar heel
    QBKILLAR
    derek
    areohhwhy
    Abominatrix

2. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

On this note, Michael Woodward, are we doing scholarship restrictions this year? I'm still willing to manage them and still want them in, but we haven't discussed it as a dynasty yet.

For those who don't know, the rule, put most simply, is don't sign so many players that you have to make more than 2 cuts in the offseason.

3. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I voted for AA gameplay but would like to see it bumped up to Heismen after the first season

4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Went with Heisman both ways. I haven't played any games yet, but I have heard that the games seem to be a bit too easy on AA with lesser teams.

5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I take my vote back, because after playing the game, I have learned I suck at CPU games. Wouldn't mind heisman recruiting though.

6. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

I would start with AA on both. We are almost all 2 star teams so recruiting is gonna be tough anyway. If you want real though run with heisman and a lot of us are gonna struggle to make a bowl game. Especially you guys in the tougher conferences. Just my thoughts. There's always something to be said about losing to the CPU. Builds character and promotes a healthy dose of restarts and foul language.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

You guys really made scheduling difficult on me. 3 of you are in your own conferences......The 2 in the SEC don't play each other this year and the two in Conference USA don't play each other this year. That means I have to find 3 user games for 7 people.....Not going well at the moment.

8. QBKILLAR

Can you give one or two people a user bye and schedule them to only 2 games? would that help?Or knock us all down to two user games this year. I dont think anyone will be too upset until we can get all the slots full. But if you have to give a bye I think Umass for sure should get one and I'm not sure who the second team should be.

9. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah as it stands right now, everyone has 3 user games except UMass......If I can find one more user before we start, I think I may be able to manage 3 user games for all......but that person only has about 30 more minutes before I launch this so they better hurry. haha

10. QBKILLAR

Cool. I'm sure we will have plenty of people looking to get in soon. Did you post anything over on the general side of the house looking for people?

11. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah, I posted on the league openings page.

12. derek

derek Walk On

Ole Miss and Kentucky aren't playing each other? Maybe we'll meet int he Conference Championship. but then again as Kentucky and Ole Miss...maybe we won't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Nope, and neither is Tulsa and Southern Miss.....The chances of that happening twice has to be small but it happened.

14. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

if only Indiana and Northwestern didn't play each other...

15. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

wow......I cant believe you guys picked all american difficulty to start with. Its going to be alot of bad blowouts and id expect very few user/computer losses. I hope we move to heisman soon.

16. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

so. miss beat usc and now umass beat oklahoma. thats crazy guys. Up a level or go one sided on the sliders for the computer. Not a very realistic first week.

nevermind. its just the first week.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  17. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

yeah I'm fine if we bump it up actually. My win was pretty easy

18. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Quoted for ANSWERZPLZ

19. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

20. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

HA! Yea right! I'm struggling to beat UTEP!

21. QBKILLAR

It's not like the USC win was cake thats for sure. Could barely hold on to my controller at the end of the game my palms were sweating so badly. :eek:

Most of the losses are gonna come from users. This dynasty can get insane competitive. All these guys are great at recruiting to their strong points. Just a little spoiler in about year 3 maybe 4 one guy in this dynasty is gonna have 90% of his DB's 6'3 or taller. Passing against that is more fun than you can imagine.

22. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Agreed, i only won by 7. Scoring was extremely difficult. It was just one of those games where things went right.

On a random note i wish there was a difficulty in between All-American and Heisman..

23. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

No idea who that would be.........:D

I agree.....I don't mind going a bit more difficult but my experience with Heisman is that the game play isn't more difficult, you just get screwed more often......More drops, terrible throws, dropped interceptions, more fumbles, QB throwing a perfect ball while halfway to the ground....stuff like that.

24. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

We could look around and try to find some tough all-american sliders

25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Any league not using Heisman recruiting is going to get publicly shamed by me.

• Like Like x 1