Vote for the Tradition Sports Online Sports Game of the Year

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Jmustang1968, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Guys, head up to the main page to get your vote in for your sports game of 2010.

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Wow tough call with NBA2K11 up there, but I went with NCAA 11. NBA211 is a very close 2nd.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

With this being a 'football' site NCAA will win this one by a landslide even though NBA2k11 is the better game! Hell, I think Madden should be 2nd followed by The Show. Yes, NCAA is 4th on my personal favorite list.

I'm the lone 2k vote so far[​IMG]

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Tough call. 2K is a better game but online dynasty is still unmatched replay value wise

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think NBA 2k11 is overrated this year due to the 'Oh my god! play as Jordan' casual factor.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

NBA 2k11 'bodied' the competition this year, literally. NCAA is overrated in my most humble opinion because of the online feature. It improved a lot over NCAA '10 but that does not make it a great game. When a wishlist for a game has enough 'desires' for an entire tournament to 'take place' then the game still has a long way to go. The immersion factor is still seriously lacking. Comparing NCAA to the well polished titles of 2k and/or the Show is premature.

Great improvement. Not GOTY material at this stage.

Jordan was a tool to cripple EA's fanbase because a lot of people have been waiting for virtual Jordan for a very long time. Or thats what I think it was used for.

7. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

NCAA 11 is the best, 2k11 is great but not that close

8. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

If nba2k comes out with a decent online franchise, then it be by far the best sports game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

2k11 is good, but it has more AI flaws than NCAA.

1.no charges( i have had the charge button used a good sec and a half and my friend will run me over and i get a blocking call).
    2.the passing in this game sucks. you will be driving and see a guy coming open only to pass it across court to a crowded space for a turnover..
    3.people still complain about roles when they clearly are not as good as the starter(i thought that was supposed to be a thing of the pass)
    4.trading is still way to easy.
    5.there is no defense. you just hope to have your run last.

10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

6.not to mention you have to either keep your assistants or hope someone is better. IF not you have to restart, because you can't back out of the page.
    7.you sign a guy to a restricted offer only to find out at the end of the yr they don't give you the option to match the offer.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'll match your 7 'issues' with 2k just for the sake of conversation, nothing more.

Why NCAA '11 isn't great:

-Same commentary for last 2-3 versions. I've heard Herbstreet 'speak' to Corso a couple of times but wait, Corso isn't even in this year's game.
    -Locomotion is not as great as advertised. It barely effects the offensive player.
    -Even with '120 Ways to Win' teams still feel the same. Maybe because every style has damn near the same playbook.
    -Coaches don't exist in college football according to EA. We can't even get a cutscene.
    -Nintendo 64 looking sidelines. Seriously, All Pro 2k8 had better looking shit than this. And according to EA most of my team is made up of a linemen with the same number.
    -Kickers attempt 60+ yard field goals like nobody's business. Yup, because every college kicker is Jason Elam.
    -CPU all out blitzing on 3rd and longs. Who doesn't look at their slot WR first on a 3rd down?
    -Blocked punts/field goals do not exist in EA's world. Special teams just aren't too special;)

Just 8 off the top of my head for the sake of conversation.

12. Hova

There are no charges wtf

and you have to use direct passing in that game if you want to pass to who you want to

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think NBA 2k11 is probably a better game, but I am terrible playing that one. I think I might have one a game in my 20 or so tries so far. As for NCAA I know the game is far from perfect but I have been playing for like 6 months so it is still pretty fun to play. Online dynasty is the single best addition to any sports game, ever.

14. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

NBA 2k11 for sure

15. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

LOL nba2k this game was far from great. I actually got rid of it because there really was 0 things i even liked about the game at all.

16. Bulldog

you have an opinion...i have mine [​IMG]

17. NDCOLTS1979

Lol yeah not dissing ur opinion just giving mine

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Colts, I kind of expected someone that was on the 'NBA Elite' bandwagon to say that;).

19. Hova

I have a friend who hates 2k11 as well. I love it

20. NDCOLTS1979

They havent made a decent bball game since the old college bball games. None of them can capture and make anything resemble realism

21. Bulldog

I'll be honest I only like it because of the Jordan features and my player

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No realism? If you say so G... who'd you vote for?

23. Hova

I don't touch jordan or my player. Association all day. I could not even play 2k10's association

• Like Like x 1
  24. Hova

I could never even buy NBA Live because you could not turn season length to 29... wtf?? Can you do that yet in the new one? A simple feature that ruins the whole association

25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Winner of the Tradition Sports game of the year is announced on main page.