Vote for your favorite feature of NCAA 12

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Jmustang1968, May 31, 2011.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Go to the main page and vote for your favorite new feature. Then discuss here!

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

All of them are great, zone coverage has me excited about defense again for the first time in ages and coaching carousel is going to make dynasty a blast, but my inner coach makes me have to go with custom playbooks, the idea of putting together a scheme and watching it come to fruition is going to be exhilarating.

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I went with the in game improvements. Close 2nd was either zone defense of coach carousel.

I just wish they could add a little more commentary to the game, because now I just mute it and listen to music

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Went with Coaching Carousel - its something the community has been begging for forever and now its finally here. I think game improvements like graphics and improved zone coverage etc were expected - you could even go so far as to say that web improvements were expected. Coaching Carousel, totally unexpected. Its going to be a real, depth-adding feature to the franchise. I expect to see the feature in Madden 13 now, lol.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

ha ha, I do the same thing.

I voted for zone defense improvement. Everything they added is great I think, but I'm glad that the defensive issues from ncaa 11 might have been fixed.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Voted zone defense improvement, with custom playbooks a little bit behind that.

The improvements to zone defense will open up A LOT of new stuff you can do on defense and will change how you need to approach offense a lot as well.

Custom playbooks are going to be great because I'll finally be able to get the "balance" of all of the formations I want/need. Some ACE, some I, and a variety of shotgun.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I hope zone isn't over powered though and everyone just goes to that, I prefer man to man by far and would hate to see everyone play zone just because its improved so much.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

For me, it was unquestionably coach carousel. I won't use it personally (IE. I'll choose the team I want and stay there for then entire dynasty), but I'm going to LOVE watching the CPU coaches moving around and taking their playbooks with them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BDSDIGITAL

i hope it's very very strong. Watching people throw 55 times and run 3 times in a game was getting very old. Hopefully the defense AI is strong enough to force users to actually balance out their play calling somewhat.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Agreed, I hate playing users that just throw it 85% of the time.

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I went with coaching carousel... I'll latch on to Michigan and not let go, but now maybe I'll do an offline OD with a small school or snag another non-premiere league with a lower school and see how things work out.

12. Wick36

I think part of that is that route running is too strong of a stat and the defensive player needs to be AMAZING in order to cover a good receiver (although they should be open occasionally unless they're really outmatched...), and then the fact that only man works well as a base coverage makes it a bit too easy to pass... but... the run game is all a matter of team ratings... for the most part, you see the teams that are really, really talented going with a lot of rushes and teams a bit less talented spreading it out more...

Usually the better team just flat out dominates the other up front and sometimes regardless of your playcalling, the team will rush easily and be able to stop the other team from rushing without really calling plays specifically to stop it. It's fairly realistic, but nobody is going to rush 35 times for 50 yards if they want to win.

13. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

So does this mean we are officially done with the new features?

14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I was the exact opposite haha

15. Solidice

Solidice Walk On

I voted Custom Playbook, though Coaching Carousel is right there with it to me. Custom Playbook has just been my number 1 non-gameplay feature I've been wanting for a long time.

I didn't vote for improved zone, mostly because I'm hoping that it was expected to be improved because of how bad it was in NCAA 11.

16. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Custom Playbooks got my vote ...but better defense zone is HUGE and coaching carousel is awesome! This looks like it could be the best next-gen version of the game to date!

17. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I picked zone coverage, It was a close call between that and the Coaching Carousel. My reasoning for my vote: The Zone Defense is something we will see in every game: OD, Ranked, Unranked, user vs. cpu games. It can also potentially stop money plays and most certainly stop people from exploiting the flats: it is something we will always see because it directly impact the core of the game, playing football. The Coach Carousel, though an absolutely amazing feature, affect the outside functions of a Dynasty, which is still important, because the Dynasty is the most popular feature of the game.

Whatever you voted for, good for you! And the fact that we are having discussions where poeple are saying 'I voted for this but this was a close second" or something along those lines is a great sign for this game. I am always excited for NCAA, becasue I love college football, but this year's version by-far has the most to look forward too. IMPO :)

18. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

E3 is June 7-9; I thought that the devs said there would be more information released during E3. There are some updates to Teambuilder, I think. If these are the only improvements I would still be very happy with what they did.

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Custom Conferences are the best update

20. BDSDIGITAL

wrong answer

21. Hova

which really means the ability to change conference play start times

22. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I change my vote, I actualy going to go with: Pylon physics

• Like Like x 1
  23. Hova

ya thats gotta be a close second!

24. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

First thing I do when I fire-up the game: ND vs USC and when I score a TD I will dive into the endzone, hit the pylon and scream with excitement

25. Wick36

Fixed.