VOTE: Run Commit

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Which Run Commit Rule Should We Use?

1. Option A

62.5%
  2. Option B

8.3%
  3. Option C

29.2%
  1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I like how the 4th Down vote went so I thought I would see what you guys thought about another rule that we have been debating among the league's leadership.

Which of the following options would you prefer pertaining to using run commit?

Option A: Banned completely.

Option B: Allowed only when your opponent is on your 1 yard line.

Option C: Allowed any time your opponent needs 1 yard for a 1st down (and only then).

coachgaddy, MarkyMark67, Kyle-702, Futuriistiics, Jbbubba, Hardee, lilaaddzz , YungLew15 , Richard hunter , bigtubb_ , fpuent, Jshaver, Big John, jeb4056,
    AveryB, Ninersfan80, wayers50, Crunk_Ness, slicknick202, thoov08, woodsmall, Cole Copeland, Crumbler81, Zikry, MiaFLSurf

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

man hell naw......umm i mean "such a thing is not logical" lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

I've used it, and as the name implies, its pretty hit or miss for the person who uses it. If the offence does call a run, then you'll have had to guess the right direction; either a run middle, run left, or run right. If you guess the wrong direction, then there's a good chance you'll get burned for a big run. If they don't call a run and instead call pass, then you'll likely get burned for a TD.

So basically its a high-risk, high-reward call for the defense to put everything on the line to commit to a play they have to be absolutely sure about. Not sure how it hurts the offense, since any play call besides the one the defense is committing to stop will reward the offense.

By the way, what about Pass Committing? Is that included in this vote?

4. majesty95

Its not sim which is why its up for a vote. Again, keep in mind you RARELY if ever see an NFL team do this unless POSSIBLY in the scenarios above.

No, pass commit is completely different.

5. Hardee

Hardee Walk On

voted

6. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

Wow...I didnt know that was in this year Madden...Now i know why i cant stop the run....:eek: and how can you tell when someone is using it?

7. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Its pretty much banned in all sim leagues because it creates a supernano blitz which makes it unrealistic at the moment.

8. jeb4056

jeb4056 Walk On

I don't even know how to do "run commit" lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Me either lol

10. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

I agree with coachgaddy and how it creates a nano blitz ... not realistic in my opinion and shouldn't ever be an option ... if a team has lousy D Linemen, than you shouldn't be able to make up for it with run commit ... just isn't realistic

11. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I don't know how to use it either lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I'm more concerned about fumbles...I swear I run in a crowd on kick returns it fumbles a lot of the time and the guy doesn't take a big hit...and don't give me that bs about holding L1.. Had to buy a new freaking control...held L1 so much that I crushed that shit..it started getting stuck like a mofo....as soon as I start fumbling I lose momentum and the game.....might be the wrong thread but hey....shit is crazy....I might start running out of bounds on every play......just so I can keep the ball....I hope people don't call me a cheeser for running sideline to sideline lol....

• Like Like x 1
  13. majesty95

^^^ def the wrong thread lol

It is uber unrealistic. However, if you noticed the Bucs kneel down methodology it is very reminiscent of the run commit. Lol. I didn't think it would be an issue but several players in here use it so I figured we would let the league decide how much, if any was appropriate.

This is what run commit does. Notice the complete sell out for the run.

This is what run commit is supposed to do (be used for).

14. jeb4056

jeb4056 Walk On

L1 pitches the ball....R1 covers it up ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Lol I really hope bigtubb made a mistake typing and he hasn't been pressing L1 every game. But if he has that is pretty damn funny

• Like Like x 3
  16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I meant R1 mofos...I was still waking up lol.......went to bed at 5am cst lol

The point is...I fumble to damn much...I'm not micheal Vick damn it

• Like Like x 2
  17. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

I've never used it once and I have not been in a position where I felt like I couldn't stop the run without it. Banning it completely will prevent some nano-blitzing too. I'm normally in favor of allowing anything as long as it isn't abused, but this is a case where I feel like it would be best to ban it altogether.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

I'm opinion, the "Run Commit" feature is super unrealistic... It reminds me of the old Tecmo Bowl days when you would pick the "same play" as the Offense lol.

19. majesty95

20. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

I didn't know there was a vote on run commite. I never have used it.

21. majesty95

I tagged you guys in the first post and its been among the top non-stickied threads the past few days...