Voting idea

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Apr 24, 2011.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I think the board should handle it internally, we dont need the drama of vote for me or dont vote for that cheeser or stuff that like going around in the blast chat. It may or may not be to much work so i dunno but it brings me to the next point....

If its a forum vote thing, i think we need to leave all niners, bears, falcons, redskins and texans off the list. Im not a rep and i dont know exactly who is getting complaints but these four teams seem to be at the top of that list or at the bottom of the activity list.

These awards need to be rewards for DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY, and it should be a little more than just stats IMO. What yall think?

2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

OX, I apologize as I had to run last night. The wife was around and we dont normally get any time to watch a movie where the kids will leave us alone for an hour or two.

I understand the hesitation in handing out awards to people who some may deem as unworthy. (Im only leaving it at unworthy at this stage). These awards are an extra to the league. Something to draw people in and review while the real work is going on behind the scenes. I think we would want to minimize the actual work done behind the scenes since most of lead pretty busy lives and are involved in more than one league.

I can agree that I would love to give out awards to people doing it the right way, but in all reality, we consider this league a sim league and the owners in it are sim a well. (Until they are removed....)

I played Duval and maybe it was just the way the game unfolded, he didnt have that much success. He has to throw and throw and throw because in my opinion, he isnt very good at D. But to be candid, I didnt see problems with what he did except for some reliance on deep crossing routes. He was down by 30. I didnt care. He was in quicksand.

Regardless of what people think, hes thrown for nearly 5000 yards and has the best td/int ration in the league. I think I am a pretty good passer and dont force things but ive thrown more picks.

The other reason I was thinking this is the better way to do it is that we can do a positional player award too.

(Best WR, BEST TE, BEST RB, BEST QB, Best DL, Best LB, BEST DB, K, P, KR/PR) and this could be an effective way to do it.

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Yeah i understand the stats of schaub are almost undeniably, but Eli Manning is a close second with a top 5 rushing attack to boot.

4. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

And that is why I would put him up for a more prestigious award, Coach of the year. the only thing I dont get is how he has 16 games played this season... which may actually be skewing his stats. But thats a question for another day.