VTECH 17 - FSU 7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jms493, Apr 26, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009
    VTECH 17 - FSU 7

The VTECH defense shuts down the FSU offense. Looking at FSU before the match up I was unimpressed. Not much speed and no real weapon. This made our defensive game plan pretty easy. Play short zones or lots of man blitzes and also keeping in mind the WR Screen we were burned on last year. Well the FSU line played pretty bad as the blitzing worked as DE Campbell had 5 sacks and DE Harrington had 3. It is hard to do anything when everytime you go to pass you need to keep one eye on the qb and one eye down the field never feeling comfortable.

The VTECH offense suffered from the same problem as out O-Line is young and raw. We are big but are have not learned how to pick up stunts and blitzes properly. We gave up 7 sacks of our own.

VTECH was able to move the ball pretty effectively on the ground and making some solid/lucky passes when needed. HB Hicks had over 100 yards and 2 tds.

It was a pretty slow game with neither offenses able to effectively able to move the ball. VTECH came up with 2 ints and just controlled the ball longer.

Tough game for both teams but we were happy to pull this one out. An ugly win is still a win!
  2. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Dec 15, 2009
    When you were getting pressure with 3-man fronts with 8 in coverage I knew it was going to be hard to get the offense going. My defense played their hearts out, but once again FSU goes down due to a lack of respect in our playmakers. With the dynasty running to its finish, I need some playmakers at WR. My RB played pretty well in spurts.

VaTech is still a very good team, even without BB. Running game, as always, is on point.