VTECH DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Feb 20, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

VTECH DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!

Well I just played #16 ranked USC and I was expecting a barnburner with ROBO QB and HB on full display. Especially since we had trouble vs Notre Dame in previous week.

Well the VTECH defense held USC to only 3 first downs, and 54 TOTAL yards of Offense.
    11 yards rushing and 43 yards passing.

Just total domination on the VTECH side of the defense. I was not calling any special plays just of lot of man out of different formations daring them to throw over the top. In 16 seasons of online dynasty I have never had a defense play this well vs. cpu or human opponent.

P.S. the VTECH offense without WR Jeff Ellis is just sad.....we need him back in the lineup asap......fucker didn't even get hurt on the field!:rolleyes:

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good performance by these guys! We shut out Vanderbilt this week and have been pretty damn good ever since I posted "our d sucks" on the OD front page. we haven't gotten too much pressure but we've been real solid against the run and playing the pass quite well. We usually get a good hit on the receiver and are able to knock a lot of balls loose that way.

Looking forward to the return of Brent Henderson which should be this next week. Our only legitimate pass rushing defensive end. The rookie that I un-redshirted has been pretty solid and has improved by leaps and bounds, so he might continue to start on the other side when Henderson comes back.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

they have come a long way since 2009....ranked last!

You're still running the 3-4 too, right?

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Damnit sometimes I edit when I mean to quote, sorry JMS... heheheh

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

lol...i do that too...

Yeah 3-4 at VTECH from the start, I like it. It is easy to recruit a bunch of decent linebackers also.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I miss some of the more exotic calls from the 3-4 but at the same time I'm getting better at replicating them with the individual audibles etc... And I like being able to go to the 4-3 to stop the run a little better. Sometimes felt a little helpless against a true power (user) team. And I hate some of the calls from the 5-2

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah there is only like 2-3 usable calls out of the 5-2. Run stopping can be rough at times but overall I am happy with it. I get alot of TFL against the run.

Harrington (2 Star) is still leading the team in tackles and sacks