W3: Bills Down Pats In Battle Of Undefeateds

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Broncos218, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Feb 20, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    38 - 7

Ryan Fitzpatrick outplayed Tom Brady in Buffalo's divisional win

In a matchup of undefeated division rivals, it was the Bills who came away with the upper-hand this time around. In their second meeting last year, New England demolished the Bills in a 35-0 shutout. Coach Bronc certainly had this match on his mind when he looked at the schedule, awaiting redemption. The Bills went up 7-0 early, and held the lead until a game delay midway through the second quarter (disconnect). After play resumed, the Bills came out charging. Fitzpatrick found Fred Jackson on a dump off and the veteran back outran the defense for a big TD. The following drive, a Patriots fumble was picked up by DT Henry Melton, who went stumblin', rumblin' and bumblin' 43 yards to paydirt, making it 21-0. The Bills added a few more TD passes and a FG to make it 38-0 by the end of the third quarter. The Patriots added a late touchdown, but it was too late to matter. The Bills now sit alone at the top of the AFC East at 3-0, and will next face off against the Bengals, who will be coming off a win against the always-tough Baltimore Ravens. In a bit of a scheduling oddity, the Week 4 game will be the 4th consecutive home game for the Bills. But after a Week 5 road game, the Bills will travel to Foxborough on Week 6 in a game that the Pats will certainly be looking forward to.

gg pope dablakpope

Key Stats (minus 1st quarter due to disconnect)
    QB R. Fitzpatrick: 6/7, 102 yds, 3 TD
    RB F. Jackson: 20 car, 56 yds, 2 rec, 72 yds, TD
    DE M. Williams: 3 sacks, 2 FF
    CB S. Gilmore: 2 INT
    QB T. Brady: 7/18, 173 yds, TD, 4 INT
    WR L. Murphy (Lakewood High School!): 2 rec, 83 yds, TD
    TE A. Hernandez: 3 rec, 55 yds

• Like Like x 3
  2. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Jul 23, 2010
    Got my head handed to me on a silver platter. If it could go wrong, it did in this game. But I promise the next game will be a little harder for you.
    • Like Like x 4