Wacky in the WAC?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by xGRIDIRONxGURUx, Jan 9, 2011.

1. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

[​IMG]
    OUT WITH THE NEW AND IN WITH THE... WHO...?

As of January 2011 San Jose State University has made a move that, well, is kind of wacky. Athletic Director Thomas Bowen, fired current Head Coach Mike MacIntyre and brought in someone that you have never heard of. In fact, nobody has heard of this new coach in the college ranks, due to the fact that he has never coached there. Coach GURU is a High School coach that has had some success, but really? Is this enough to satisfy the alumni and boosters? After a TERRIBLE season of 2-10 in 2012-2013 they want to give this program a "Malzhan'ish" approach and see if a High School coach can bring in a crazy unorthodox spread power team, and shake up the WAC.

When SJSU A.D. Thomas Bowen was interviewed he stated, "We are SICK AND TIRED of being the punching bag of the WAC, we want aggressive, persistent, hard-nosed coaching, and frankly we are ready to go outside of the box to get this." There are some good sign though of things to come as Coach GURU, who declined any interviews at this point, stepped in and STEPPED UP the recruiting in the off-season to land some key players for the new offense and defense that will be implemented in this coming season.

So to sum up this chaotic exchange of personnel we simply say, the WAC, just got a little WACKY. Imagine this scenario: High School coach in November in State Playoffs, NCAA FBS Head Coach in January... perplexing, but maybe Bowen (SJSU A.D.) knows something we DO NOT!

"The San Jose State Campus Column"
    Author Remained Nameless

"E"

2. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

good luck.

3. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

i will definitely need it... Washington man handled me, it was all i could do to score my 24, and their RB was a knife through butter... going to be a LOOOOOOOOONG season... very challenging im loving it...

"E"