Waffling

Discussion in 'Archive' started by abolishthefed, Mar 26, 2012.

1. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Talk me into buying this game. What's good on it this year, how is the gameplay, etc?

2. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

The graphics are amazingly better than last year. The lighting, cloud effects, etc are the best in the series, IMO.
    Country Clubs add a whole new factor to the game. Realtime leaderboards within each Country Club for ranking within the CC. Country Club hosted events.
    FREE DLC. You can earn coins to rent rounds on the DLC courses for free. From there, if you Gold Master the DLC course using these rented rounds, the course is yours to keep! No more renting!
    Is offline your cup of tea? The ability to swap courses in and out of each event (except the majors) is in the game.
    New, tempo based swing mechanic. While a pain in the butt at first, once you get it, the shots feel much more rewarding, IMO.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

fed the thing that makes me like the gameplay aspect is how much differently you need to approach the green on harderest difficulty this year. It actually takes planning, and thinking to get a good result. In TW of the past I would just jam on A buttion after a drive then hurry up and stick a straight iron into the flag, putt , rinse , repeat. This year that :doodie: wont cut it , you must look at wind, landing area, conture of green , etc. ..... it takes some brains & stick skill this year.

Also clubs looks to be solid, I am excited about the TCCT , and if you have been around me or guys that have played in leagues with me I am by no means a yes man fan boy round here , EA looks like they brought the goods on Country Clubs this year, I think it has more depth than we could have asked for , add in solid TSO management and you have a winner. I may drop FIFA for TW this year, and FIFA has been my favorite game.

This game however is very, very hard on the skill level we are playing on. You will not come out and dominate more than likely. Only a small handful of guys under par so far from what I have seen in season pass

I give it (y)(y)

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

IMO this is the year in the development cycle you buy a game like Tiger. They've overhauled so much that they pretty much just concentrated on game play and haven't spent a lot of time tinkering with BS features.

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

What is the country club feature?