Waiting lists

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Full Moon Fever, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Waiting lists

Are they pointless?

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You really don't have to make a thread about this. No they are not pointless, their called waiting lists for a reason. When we have a free spot in the leagues I'm in their the first folks to be contacted before its blasted in the new members' forum. Patience is a virtue.

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

they are the best way to go if your trying to get into a league. i would suggest picking 2 or 3 leagues to get on their waiting list

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What do you mean?

I myself as a commish do not use them.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

It's not a huge deal, and my question is more of curiosity than trying to whine or complain. I've just noticed a couple of leagues that seem to disregard the waiting list. I am on a waiting list for a league and have been one of the two people listed for about a month. I check in on their forum just to see kind of what's going on, and noticed they've added people who were never on the published waiting list. Just wondering if the waiting lists are actually supposed to be used for filling positions, or if it's just a deal where the commish can invite whoever they want regardless of if there have been people that applied for spots in the leagues.

6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Well I look at the waiting list first and give those guys priority but I also do a search on them and see if they're controversial in their other leagues and how many leagues they joined since their initial interest.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oh, and another thing... try to hit the commish up on AIM for just a friendly conversation... he won't forget you then:)

8. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I personally think they are kind of pointless. I guess if your league roster is kind of fluid they might serve more purpose. It seems more often that not when you go to add said person on waiting list they have either lost interest or are know where to be found.

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah, I think they're pointless really. I agree with you.