Waiver Wire

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I was just looking over that thread. I noticed the waiver priority shifts from week to week based on record. I culd be wrong, but don't waiver wires generally start in reverse order of previous season's finish and stay that way? Then, if a team makes a waiver claim, they fall to the back of the order? I thought that is the way they worked. Thoughts?

2. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

Yes IRL that's the way it goes. But since we didn't play last season, we will go by the team selection order. So the coach with the last pick of the draft (uagrad90) will get first priority in the waiver period. All the way from last to first. This will occur until week 3 then it will go by record in the current season.

3. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Theoretically, isn't that allowing the same person to pick up the best player available week after week? Say uagrad wants player A at 77 OVR and so does Cole. uagrad gets him bc of waiver priority. Week 2 uagrad wants player B at 74 OVR and so does Cole. Again, uagrad gets him. It just doesn't seem to give each of the poorer teams an equal shot at having the top waiver priority. Or am I misunderstanding it?

4. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Actually, I was last. Haha

5. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I think the order switches from first to last, last to first each week. Until the week where we start doing it by record

6. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

Thats a good question, looks like for 3 weeks the lower teams have the rights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.