Wake Forest 2012 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Nov 5, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Wake Forest Demon Deacons' 2012 Schedule

Week 1| Vanderbilt | L |25-42
    Week 2| Ole Miss | L | 10-38
    Week 3| @ Virginia |
    Week 4| @ Maryland |
    Week 5| Clemson|
    Week 6| @ Florida State|
    Week 7| Boston College |
    Week 8| @ N.C. State
    Week 9| Duke |
    Week 10| UNC |
    Week 12| @ WVU |
    Week 13| @ FIU

2. gowazzucougs

Coach Worgum took the first game off, and when he returned he discovered that the Deacons decided to take their second game off. After scoring on their first two drives, the Demon Deacons could not score any more points. However, the biggest issue was the Deacons defense inability to get off the field. The Ole Miss Rebels did whatever they wanted as they scored 38 points. Coach Worgum is at a loss for words, and expects the Deacons to play better in their next game against Virginia

3. gowazzucougs

Wake Forest got revenge today against the Clemson Tigers beating them 26-20. This win was a long time coming. The past two games the Deacons were outscored 126-14, but today the Deacons were able to control the tempo, and prevent the Tigers from jumping out to a commanding lead. Ted Stachitas threw for 238 yards and 2 TDs. While Lovell Jackson rushed for 82 yards on 20 carries. Matt James was the main target for Stachitas who caught 5 balls for 66 yards and 2 TDs. The Deacons look to rebound from their horrible start with another victory against FSU.

4. gowazzucougs

Wake Forest 21
    FSU 31

Wake Forest should have probably won this game, or at least sent the game into overtime. This game was a pretty tight game throughout with no team taking a commanding lead in this game. This game came down to FSU stopping Wake Forest on fourth and goal at its one yard line with less than two minutes to go in the game with the score 24-21. It is unclear why Wake Forest's coach choose to go for the touchdown, instead of playing it safe and kicking the game tying field goal. However, if the team can't get one yard rushing the ball, they probably shouldn't have been able to win the game at all.

5. gowazzucougs

My team officially sucks. I couldn't complete passes to my own team, my secondary cannot cover any one, it is just fucking horrible.

6. gowazzucougs

N.C. State 35
    Wake Forest 31

I should have won this, I give up. I dominated for 2 and half quarters, then it feel apart. I was driving late and then my receiver fumvled the ball and it was game.

7. gowazzucougs

Duke 23
    Wake Forest 28

I don't know what can be said about this game, if you were to imagine what a real life 1-7 team battling a 2-6 looked liked, this was the game you would have pictured. Duke started the game with a touchdown, and Wake Forest responded with two of their own to take a 14-7 lead. Wake was able to extend their lead to 28-14, and looked to to make the half time lead larger right before the end of the half, but a Ted Statchias pass was intercepted in Duke terrority right before halftime. The Deacons opend up with the ball in the second half, but couldn't move the ball the downfield. The Deacons inability to move the ball in the second half was a common theme, because there were many times the Deacons were looking for that one last score to put the game out of reach, but just could not move the ball. Luckily for the Deacons the Blue Devils had trouble moving the ball as well, but were able to get nine points in the second half. Duke had the ball late on two separate possesions with less than a minute to go, the first was ended by an Aaron Moss interception, but on fourth and inches, the Deacons could not get a first down. Then on the next drive, the Deacons intercepted a pass, but a linebacker was off sides, negating the play. However, as the Blue Devils moved the ball down the field, they simply ran out of time because they had no time outs left.

Again the Deacons are horrible, if I had lost this game, I think the school's AD might have fired me.

8. gowazzucougs

UNC 23
    Wake Forest 42

The Deacons took out a lot of frustration today as they thumped the Tar Heels. The star of the game was RB Lovell Jackson who ran for 161 yards and 3 TDs. Everyone knew Jackson was going to have a big day when he took the handoff on the second offensive play for the Deacons and ran 78 yards for a touchdown. QB Ted Stachitas threw for over 300 yards and threw three TDs as well, his big touchdown pass was to Josh Medley for 79 yards. This occurred when the Tar Heels sent the house and no one was back to cover the receivers.

9. gowazzucougs

Wake Forest 29
    West Virginia 10

I do not know what has gotten into the Demon Deacons, but they won again. This time, the Deacons dismantled the #22 Mountaineers. The aerial attack of the Deacons was the key to this game, starting QB Ted Statchitas was knocked out for the game on the Deacons first drive, but he had gone 4-4 with 44 yards prior to the injury, and then the backup Brendan Cross came in and lit Morgantown on fire. He threw for almost 300 yards and 3 TDs. James Medley, Matt James, and Jonathan Garcia all caught 6 receptions a piece and combined for 3 TDs. This was by far the most impressive win of the season for the Demon Deacons. Up next the Deacons face FIU