Walk-on Rule Change

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by chopper393, Oct 22, 2012.

?

Should the rule be changed to allow teams to keep walk-ons?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2012.
  1. Yes-implemented immediately

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes-implemented for next season

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

2. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I voted no, but I didn't really think it through first. My thought was that I don't want these guys taking up my scholarships that I could offer to guys I actually want. However, there is no reason I couldn't cut them like normal and allow some guys to keep them. I'm good for whatever.

3. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

If we got rid of all offseason recruiting and simmed through it and only allowed the cpu to recruit then...I woud change my answer from no.

4. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 Walk On

Personally I see no problem with this because we are still on a scholarship limit. I mean look at what happened to hark there is no way I would not want anyone to cut some gem like that it is not right. Since we already have the limit in place it would simply mean that walk-onat another player would be cut in place of that walk-on

5. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

CPU found gem though...he didnt go hunt that beast down.

6. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 Walk On

doesn't matter I could not cut that guy no way

7. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

If there was a rule saying you had to..you would have to

8. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 Walk On

here is a example OU's runningback was a beast last year no one recruited him he walks on and becomes starter for them last season Dominick Whaley

9. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 Walk On

seems like hate to me because looking at it if it were me I could not do it I would cut a recruit I signed to compensate but I would not cut that dude

10. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

How is it hate...if he wants to keep the guy I said I was cool with that,but i dont like the walk-on rule. So your saying if the rule was as it stands now..you would not care and keep the guy?

11. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 Walk On

I would think we are all reasonable people and wouldn't make a fuss about it if I were cutting a signed recruit

12. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Ok where do you draw the line...because in the season past we all had 4 star players sign on our team that just didnt happen to be gems and we were not allowed to keep them. How is this time different...other than the fact he went from 2 star to 79 overall.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 Walk On

nevermind man too old to be in a pissing match do that with my 10 yr old enough. You seem to be the only person who is upset or disturbed by this so I will leave it alone.

14. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

LMAO...where did I ever seem pissed. I have said numerous times that I am cool with him keeping the guy. We have league discussions as a dynasty so we can all come to common ground. If you cant handle a back and forth discussion as an adult maybe you should go back and talk with your 10 year old.

15. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I dont think I ever said anything out of line. All I ever did was rebut your stance. Only to have a normal discussion.

16. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Sorry you felt this was a pissing contest.

17. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 Walk On

lol very nice thing to say but you are right I will just not speak to you because I never tried to have a back and forth I stated something and you wanna have this debate. I'm sorry I even spoke to you

18. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I'm fine with the rule change, but only starting next year. Dynasty wide rule changes should only take place at the beginning of a season so that every team is on a level playing field. Implementing league wide rule changes b/c it benefits one person is the exact definition of collusion. Obviously you're not trying to do that but you understand what i'm saying, I've seen dynasties break up over those types of things.

If it was my team, I'd cut him but I'd vote yes on the move to that rule next year.

19. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Alrighty guys. Rules are rules. Starting in season 3, everyone is allowed TWO walk ons MAXIMUM. You can take advantage of the rule if you choose or not. Sound fair everyone? So long 79 overall 2 star..
    :(