Want to cut recruits, any way?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JDBattleMC, Aug 28, 2010.

1. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Jul 1, 2010
    Want to cut recruits, any way?

I have two committed recruits I want get rid of, what can I do? Am I just SOL and have to eat them? Can I cut them?

Im most concerned about not violating the recruiting rules.

What do we do about recruiting when we are fairly sure we are going to lose someone. Im PRETTY sure Ingram and Jones are gone to the NFL, which means I will have 10 spots open, how many people can I recruit?
  2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Jul 11, 2009
    With guys like that, what I try and do, especially with the offseason recruit additions, and teams with the power of Bama, I will wait to see if they go, then fill the couple spots with some of the new guys that show in the offseason.

As far as the guys you have that already committed, honestly, they are yours unless you get them to transfer at a later date. I honestly believe this adds to the integrity of recruiting. It keeps us from blindly going after the top 5 guys at a position, and makes us focus on the one we truly want. It also keeps from watering down the recruiting pool, by actually having to keep the guys we sign, and not cutting a 4* because another 4* at the same position ended up liking you eventually. I know it sounds harsh, but it makes you value the spots you have open.