Want to help the Roster Project but aren't sure how? Look Here

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This is just a quick rundown I drew up for someone that wanted to help out, so I figured I would post it here for others. This is how I go about doing my spreadsheets for the project, and I find it to be an effective way.

Getting Started:

Get Signed up on Google Docs

To the top left of your Google Docs "Home Page" Select Create New and then Spreadsheet.

IMO- It is smart to put the spreadsheet in a seperate window so you can view everything you need to so you can match the numbers up from teambuilder to an online roster.

Refer to one of my spreadsheets in the roster project forum (Pac 12 specifically is what I have done to this point).

To put the spreadsheet into the thread:
    1. Save it.
    2. Click the share button in the upper right, using the drop down arrow I believe.
    3. Select 'Publish as web page'
    4. Get link it generates.
    5. Use the Media button in the editor here and paste in the link (i.e. https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...ewdGFrTzd3empSdnZJUEFROXItdmdhR3c&output=html).

To Match Up Numbers to Players:

Open up a tab to and go to the teambuilder website and find the team's roster template you are going to do.

Open up another tab and go to the teams online roster.

Third, open up another tab to the commitment list for that team you are doing on Rivals.com. Every freshman you need to match a name to should have an exact height and weight to match up from the template.

I think this is everything you will need to know, any bumps you hit in the road post here and I will try to help!​

2. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I'm working on Purdue, it will be finished and up tomorrow afternoon. After that I'll pick another team.

3. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

I'll add it might help to have LAST YEAR's team roster open as well. EA are notorious for including players that have already graduated/transfered/moved on.

4. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I finished Purdue last night and am starting the Ohio Bobcats right now.

I only posted a link to the Spreadsheet, because every time I try to embed, it tells me "You may embed media from the following sites:Facebook; Vimeo; YouTube;"

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Yep.

1. 2011 Roster.
    2. Rivals Commitments Page - for freshman, they use the exact height and weight from this site.
    3. 2010 Roster for people no longer with team.

6. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I am going to work on the Mountain West today.

Kasper

Is anything changing with player ratings or are we just looking for names to go with the players?

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

So I'm also having trouble embedding the google docs. It's weird because I've done this before on TSO

PS:my 1,000th post

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Leave ratings

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Only thing I can tell you I guess is check out Shauns post in the site stuff section.

10. aarondramp

I just did Boise and didn't have a problem posting. Hopefully, I can get a few more done today.

11. aarondramp

I did Boise State, New Mexico, and Memphis today.

I was wondering though...for people that are no longer on the team, are they just left on there as is?

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I dont know, I would just note it and leave it up to Ryno

13. aarondramp

Will do. I just noticed that Memphis must've had some serious turnover. They had a bunch of players that aren't there this year. I can't imagine having to make all of those changes to every roster. It would take a while.