Was thinking...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Was thinking...

...of starting a new online franchise myself. Probably would not go big, but would try to get same rule set as what we have here with a few of my own personal tweaks. Maybe do like 8-16 owners with no CPU trading.

Not that I would leave OMFL, but just want some more practice with online play and not playing cheese players online. So, my question is pretty simple:

How hard is it to run a league?

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

not hard, just depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it. if you want i'll close my nates league and we can do yours.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The only problem with starting a league of my own would be time able to be devoted to extra stuff like podcasts and the like.

I may see about doing a newspaper type thing instead of the podcasts if I do a league of my own. I want to get my rule set in order before I start anything. Will probably work on it more and more as my season ends.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

What kind of advance rate Bobby?

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Thinking something like what we have here - 5 day advance but faster if humans get games in play. I don't think I want a full 32 team league but will start it as such.

Also, thoughts on a fantasy draft to start out? I am not hugely in favor of it but thought about it to prevent a lot of trading and what not.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I would like 2 play ...I think fantasy draft would be awesome ..Ive never done one.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'll try and work on a modified rule set during the weekend. It will be mostly what we have here though. I have to see about starting up a message board as well, which I've done before, so that won't be too big a deal.

I'll post something when I get it finalized.