Washington Huskies 10 at UCLA Bruins 34

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, May 9, 2011.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The Bruins played a very workman like game to pay the Huskies back for a couple of back breaking losses two out of the last three years.

The game opened with a punt by the Bruins, a long Husky drive was turned back by a leaping Keller pick in the endzone.

The Bruins took advantage of the stop and on a second and 8 hit a PA post deep down the middle to Brandon Collins who had gotten inside the safety for a 30 yard score. UW would answer with a quick drive inside of our ten, but back to back sacks and a third down bat away in the endzone resulted in a FG for the Huskies and a 7-3 Bruin lead.

We drove down the field again and got a short rushing TD from Langford gave us a 14-3 lead. UW scored in what seemed like seconds to make it 14-10 and from there on out the UCLA D played lock down lights out D...

Right before the half we drove down and got another TD to make it 21-10 at halftime.

To open the second half we forced a punt and Brandon Collins would grab an out route and go the distance 81 yards to make it 28-10..

A couple more picks and a couple of stops sealed the deal since after we had the nice lead we took very few chances and just ground out a few yards on the ground and kicked a couple fgs to make the final 34-10 UCLA.

The Huskies played great D as well limiting us to 50 yards or so on the ground on 25 carries and we were up to the task as well with great pass D and some timely picks.

POG was CB Stephen Keller who became the all time interception leader in Bruin history with two in this game.

GG Helli.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The key to the game was great play by the UCLA D and me just not having my head in the game.

TWICE - fucking TWICE - Collins ended up with my OLB on him, and both were turned into long touchdowns. This is the best receiver in all of football and I wasn't paying attention. I don't know what formation makes the CB stay on his side and the OLB take the WR but usually I notice when people call this and make adjustments. This time I was just going through the motions and got burned.

Then, on D UCLA was ready to jump anything and everything and we couldn't stop the blitz, which was a bad combination resulting in several negative plays and turnovers. just not our day at all.

3. Zetroc

Zetroc Uncle Rico Inspired

should change some rankings

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    with washington and wisconsin finally out of the way, UCLA is primed to take the title...

• Like Like x 1
  5. BRUCE80

Maybe Mo, still have Cal and Stanford to play and could lose to either of them easily. Then it appears Purdue and USF are still right in it...as it Rutgers.

This is no sure thing..but it was nice to get by UW when it mattered for once...he got us two out of three and now were even on it...Helli managed to finish the task...I havent so far..

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

im kinda glad i lost....i would have no interest in playing UCLA.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Let me find out buffalo JMS was scared to play UCLA again. I mean you got a super squad Wisconsin!!

8. BRUCE80

Thats kind of a mean thing to say. Just so you know, we dont feel that way.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

If I have a super squad then what would you call UCLA.

@bruce not meant to be mean but its just frustrating that you have THAT many 90+ players. I have too many freshman that will just get pwned......AGAIN. I mean last year I had a better team besides QB and it was fugly.