Washington Huskies B-L-O-G

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sweetness, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Washington Huskies B-L-O-G

The Huskies are standing at a suprising 1-1 this season. They are getting ready for College Gameday's headline USC at Washington right now. The season started off with an unbelievable comeback-upset win over #5 ranked LSU 42-38. In week 2 the Huskies took on heavy favored Nebraska and seemed to have stayed on the practice field where the lost 37-13. Now it is USC at Washington. The big question is, can the Huskie fans be loud enough here at 9:30? Archie Griffin reported a 31-21 win for USC, Captain Quarterback Locker said otherwise here this morning.

Desmond Howard- "Hello, Mr. Locker can I pull you aside one moment to talk about your big game today?"
    Locker "Yeah no problem.. What do you want?
    Desmond Howard "Well, lets start with what the fans want to hear. How do you predict this game will end tonight?"
    Locker "Actually, I disagree with Archies prediction. I know Coach Bruce is a veteren and knows how to get things done, but I have been feeling great along with my teamates and coaches. Coach Sweet (White) told the team that the game is on mine and his shoulders. If either of us mess up once like last week, it is over. I say Washington Upsets #10 ranked USC and the college football (and Tradition.com football) WORLD with a 21-17 upset. No one will see this coming."

2. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

NO ONE THOUGHT WE COULD!
    USC 31- WASHINGTON 38!!!

Washington dominated most of the game untill the second half. Coach White says he is upset Coach Bruce did not congratulate them on the win. He said something about Coach Bruce saying he ran the same play more than twice out of maybe 6 different formations?
    Look for the write-up in College Gameday tomorrow.

3. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Huskies down 42-14 Stanford to be #1 in the Pac 10!

With a combination of Locker's over 200 yards passing and Junior Running Back Curtis Shaw over 100 yards rushing. Look for these two to stand out next week versus at Notre Dame.

4. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Washington outlast Notre Dame's Passing Attack 38-35.

The Player of the Game was Jake Locker, who had over 330 passing yards and 4 touchdowns.
    Running Back Curtis Shaw capped off the third game in a row with over 120 yards.

The first two quarters was all Washington, combining for over 4 sacks andmaking Jimmy Clausens life miserable. The Fighting Irish faught back to get close. Two fumbles by Curtis Shaw enabled that.

Notre Dame looked to be done, Washington up 38-35 in Notre Dame's own redzone. Curtis Shaw got high-lowed and fumbled the football. Norte Dame drove down the field with perfect passing, but then were held to the Field Goal. Washington Iced the Kicker and it payed out.

5. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Huskies come back to kill Arizona 49-21.

Locker had another outstanding game passing over 350 yards and having another 4 touchdowns game.

Huskies defense helped a lot with 4 Interceptions.

Sorry about the write up, when I play the game Weds, I had to leave and forgot what happened.

6. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Tempe, AZ - Saturday night was an amazing spectacle for anyone lucky enough to be at the Sun Devils home game against UW for the Pac-10 lead. This game had everyone on the edge of their seats from kickoff.

Visiting Jake Locker and company came in hungry to continue their resurgence to the top of the Pac-10 conference. However, ASU was equally as hungry and up to the challenge.

Both teams came out guns blazing in the first half in what looked like a classical whoever had the ball last was going to win battle. Both teams destroyed the oppositions defense drive after drive on their way to a combined 56 first half points. "I didn't think our defense was ever going to be able to stop UW and Jake Locker with the way we played in the first half. It didn't even seem like we were on the field." said ASU Coach Kugelsack.

UW thought they had capped off the first half scoring when ASU's Danny Sullivan took the field and connected on 3/4 plays to lead a 33 second scoring drive to knot the game up at 28 a piece at halftime.

UW almost responded on a last second play before the half when Jake Locker got loose for a 54 yd run that almost resulted in a TD but was tackled just short of the goal line.

"We thought we had one there. That one before halftime would have really changed the momentum and complexion of this game" said UW Coach Sweetness.

At halftime, ASU made plenty of adjustments and was able to rattle UW QB Jake Locker forcing him into 3 second half INTs. This allowed ASU to get on top for the win.

Coach Kugelsack: "This was a huge win for us today. Coach Sweetness brought an extremely well prepared squad with him today and he had his team playing like All Americans. Thankfully, our defense responded when we needed them in the second half and we were able to put this game away. Boy I sure hope that Locker kid decides to go play pro baseball after this season so we don't have to gameplan for him again next year!"

Thanks to KSherm (GoGators) for letting my copy this. Even though I didn't ask :D