Washington Huskies (HELLISAN) scouting report

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    POST EM UP

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    • Team Strengths and Weakness on paper: Helli has a big time offensive line which is pretty powerful and gives his QB time to throw in the pocket. His RB, Wilson is a powerful runner and while he only gained aroudn 60 yards against us, he showed power in breaking tackles and has the potential to break it open with his 96 speed. On defense his line is solid and their defense is led by their MLB who is an impact player.

• Offensive Gameplan and play calling - Hellisan first liked to run between the tackles and rarely called run plays toward the outside. His best runs were up the gut. Passing wise, Hellisan's most called formation was a trips formation. He probably had his best plays passing wise. Helli makes a lot of pre-snap reads, he doesn't audible but he hot routes a lot based upon what you show pre-snap. Reminds me of Peyton Manning back there at QB. His QB doesn't have the most accurate arm though and he can miss his WR's. He's pretty agile but don't expect the QB to run much.
    • Defensive Gameplan and play calling - It seemed to me that Helli liked playing towards the side of the TE. Most of the time, he controlled the MLB, who's an impact player. He'll play the middle of the field with him and display solid to good manual control. He's gotten much better with this (he manually catches too now!). His CB's played well despite me believing I had a decent shot on passing on them since they don't have elite speed but they do react well to the ball sometimes.
    • Special Teams - His Special Teams hurt him a bit. His kicker can't kick the long FG's but can hit the short ones. Punting, he directional punted a bit, so I couldn't return punts.
    • Stick Skillz - Like I mentioned, Helli has gotten better here and now is becoming an asset, especially in the pass game. Run wise he can get caught up in blocks but he plays aggressive with his MLB. The pass game he'll roam the middle of the field to try and take away the deep post or crossing routes to make you think twice. He's not afraid of clicking onto another man and trying to go for the INT. Even on pass plays, Helli clicks onto the WR sometiems and catches the ball with him,
    • Summary - Hellisan is pretty cerebral on offense with the pre-snap. I think it's key you disguise coverages with him, he knows what he wants to do if his 1st read is there. Make it difficult on him by forcing him to scan the rest of the field. Make him go to his 2nd and 3rd targets on a play passing. Defense he plays tough but his CB's can be beat if your WR's can get behind his. A team with better WR targets can possibly do some damage out there. Great game Helli.