Washington State Regular Season Review

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by areohhwhy, Dec 16, 2011.

1. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

The Washington State Cougars are coming off of one of their best Regular Seasons since 2013 where they finished with a similar 11-1 Regular season record..

LowLight of the Season
    Washington State's only loss to Virginia was an embarressment.. It wasn't even close from the start,, Not only did the cougars allow 35 points, they could only muster up one field goal offensively. "It was the worst loss ever at home, worst loss ever in my coaching career". The loss not only knocked the Cougars out of the number 1 spot in the country, but knocked out any chances at a National Championship this sesaon

Offense Review
    The offense has been what it is throughout all 6 year of this coaches tenure, inconsistent.. The offense was led by a 4 pronged running attack led by J.T. Cummings who has over 800 yards over the 12 game stretch.. The passing game is as worst as it has ever been. Led by Darren Thomas, the team has only mustered up 10 touchdown passes while throwing 15 interceptions, an extreme decrease in production from the year before. The offensive line has been solid in run-blocking, and extremely inconsistent in pass protection. The wide receivers and quarterbacks have never been on the same page either. It is going to be ineresting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Offensive notes
    The Cougars have not scored more than 21 points against any ranked opponents
    Darren thomas has not thrown over 300 yards in a game this season
    4 controllers have been thrown in the process of the season lol jk

Defense Review
    The defense is ranked in the top 10 in Points allowed, rushing yards allowed, and passing yards allowed. The defense as a whole has been the saving grace of this team. Only allowing 138 points over 12 games. which averages out to about 11.8 points per game. The defense has weaknesses on the secondary, but somehow has been able to compensate for it which a solid pass rush.

Defensive notes
    Justin Smith will never win a defensive award lol..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Very nice Roy!

3. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

You'd be surprised :p
    Florida State was the BCS #2 coming into CC week, but they had to play UVA again in the ACCCG, so with a Cougar win in the Pac12CG, you should get a spot in the BCSNC. Out of all the 1-loss teams, you have the "best" loss (FSU only lost to UVA as well, but they lost twice).

4. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Oh yea lol i did it before i played the conference championship game.. I cannot wait for the rematch..

• Like Like x 1