Watchmen

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by RaveDown, Mar 5, 2009.

1. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Watchmen

Anybody else geeked up for this movie?

I read it a couple of years ago and have watched the trailer countless times. Just wanted to see if I'm the only dork on this site who can't wait to see this tomorrow.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I just gave you a virtual wedgie.:eek:

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I read the graphic novel a few weeks ago. Honestly it was kinda boring. I want to see it, but I'll see if my moms can get the bootleg or i'll wait for the dvd.

4. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I couldn't even tell you the last movie i went to in a theater. Maybe 3-4 yrs ago. I guess i just can't get myself to spend $40 or more for the wife and I to go, and then shell out another $30-40 for a babysitter. But, the Watchmen, Xmen, and movies like that don't get me all that excited.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Saw it, was not impressed. Cool action sequences. Improper sex seen with a hymn being sung in the background. Lame plot and even worse ending.

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

That seems to be the popular review for this movie as i have heard 3 other people say the same thing....

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    wasn't it mirrored by the book...so i guess the book woulda stunk too if u read that...

8. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

I read the book and watched the movie. There was just to much shoved/condensed into 2 1/2 hours. It would have been better in two movies or a mini-series for like HBO. But I still liked the movie, but I'm biased.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's a good book. The movie did a pretty good job, but it's almost impossible to cover so much in the time our frail attention spans allow.

But it's easily the best writing ever done in a graphic novel. Nothing else is close.

I liked the movie. The full frontals of Dr. Manhatten were a bit off-putting, but overall, it was pretty cool. Saw it on release day = I am a big geek.

AG