Way too early RMG 12 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, Jun 20, 2011.

?

Who's your National Championship favorite for our first year amongst users?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2011.
  1. Oregon

25.0%
  2. Nebraska

16.7%
  3. Penn State

8.3%
  4. Ohio State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Michigan State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Georgia

8.3%
  7. USC

16.7%
  8. Miami

8.3%
  9. Utah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Arizona State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. North Carolina

16.7%
  12. Maryland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Alright, here we go. So I'll preface this by saying this is all in fun so please don't be mad if you feel I disrespected you, your game, or your team. I made this and decided I wouldn't really just make a preview for each team (That's up to you) but to make fun of and poke fun at each team. I wanted to make a table, but these paragraphs are long and they wouldn't go to the next line like I wanted them to (the table was way to wide). And if I didn't like your helmet, I replaced it with one of the concept helmets. So the a. paragraph deals with real life, the b. paragraph is NCAA talk and c. is Schedule talk. Feel free to talk and make fun of Ohio State and others without crossing the line. Also vote for your favorite for the NC in year 1.

1. Oregon - joeptc
    [​IMG]
    a. The return of James and Hawkins on offense spells doom for Oregon’s opponents. The offensive and defensive lines must focus and improve with the NCAA investigations going on, but that won’t be so easy. Oregon may need to stay away from the no-huddle because they just don’t have enough defensive players on the roster to play 80 snaps in a game. Cliff Harris is a big-time punt returner so everybody will just punt the ball out of bounds this season.
    b. Joe will have trouble learning the spread option, but having LaMichael James will help. He may have trouble passing without many weapons at wide receiver. Oregon will struggle to run out of the shotgun and will lose 3 games this season and drop to a 5-star prestige school, which will begin a downward spiral in Eugene.
    c. We’ll learn a lot about Oregon following its week 1 matchup with LSU. Utah, USC, Nebraska, Oregon St., and Arizona St. will all be targeting Oregon so winning a championship will not be easy.

2. Nebraska - H0TT NIKKELs
    [​IMG]
    a. Nebraska is off to the B1G so they won’t be facing the spreads of Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., or Texas Tech. Instead they will be pounded by 325-pound farm boys in the trenches. Taylor Martinez will probably be faster than every white safety he plays against and Rex Burkhead should step up and rush for 1000+ yards this season.
    b. No question Nebraska’s defense can hang with whomever they play, but what will coach NIKKELs do with the offense? He likes the option and we know Martinez has the athleticism to run a triple option. Georgia Tech managed to run it in the ACC, we’ll see if Nebraska runs some fleXbox One this season. The coaching staff won’t let out any secrets just yet.
    c. Nebraska’s schedule is pretty easy this year. Unfortunately they play Oregon and if they get beaten badly, their confidence will take a hit going into B1G play.

3. Penn State - ctvolfan
    [​IMG]
    a. So where do you start off with a Penn St. preview every year? (Insert old-person joke). Penn St.’s defense is good, but nobody has ever heard of anyone on its offense. Someone named Matt McGloin will be throwing passes and with Evan Royster gone, another guy, Silas Redd will play running back. It doesn’t help that nobody knows who their WR’s will be but, JoePa did find some height to catch passes at 6’3” and 6’5”. Although the names are not known, Penn State will find a way to win 9 games.
    b. Will ctvolfan officially be named head coach or will he just make all the decisions behind the shadow of the legend, Joe Paterno? Recruiting needs a boost and the youth (minus about 60 years) at head coach may actually get young kids to want to play in Happy Valley. OK enough JoePa talk, I said I wouldn’t go there.
    c. Penn St. has to play Alabama and Georgia this season on top of their B1G schedule, which is a recipe for disaster.

4. Ohio State - Danthraxxx
    [​IMG]
    a. Ohio St.’s offense is mostly gone, they have all kinds of sanctions, and to top it all off some no-name coach will be stepping in for 2011. We don’t really know who’s going to line up for the Buckeyes, even at QB, but Bauserman looks to be the favorite. The defense is strong this year because as far as we know they weren’t good enough to receive cars and tattoos last season.
    b. Some new guy named Danthraxxx has vowed to take all the Ohio St. players under investigation off the field, and for some reason everyone believes him. Truth be told, he has learned a lot as an understudy of Jim Tressel, and some believe he will just edit the rosters and tattoo Pryor, Herron, and Posey so they appear to be white. The NCAA is now investigating the sale of helmet stickers by star players. OSU loved the system because it only would pay players who played well. Don't be surprised if OSU ditches the stickers this year.
    c. OSU loads up on the local Ohio schools with Akron and Toledo and has already cancelled the Miami series because they can’t beat good teams with their whole team on the bench. They may want to join the MAC for a season so they can rebuild for next year with incoming freshmen.

5. Michigan St. - pnc
    [​IMG]
    a. Michigan St. in my mind is pretty overrated, but somebody told me I had to put them here. I mean they lost by 42 points in a non-BCS bowl game last year. Kirk Cousins is back yet again (How old is this guy?). He’ll be handing the ball off to Edwin Baker who ran for 1,200 yards last season. Michigan St. will be able to run the ball well this season but work needs to be done on the other side of the ball. Lots of defenders will need to be replaced from last year and the defense will be led by senior safety Trenton Robinson.
    b. pnc should be happy that MSU is ranked #15 in NCAA 12, but unless he has 12 men on the field on defense, teams will slice through them.
    c. MSU decided to take it easy with the non-conference schedule this year and their toughest OOC game is Maryland. They face Ohio St., Wisconsin, and Nebraska in a 4-week stretch so if they can go 2-1 in those games they might actually compete for a B1G championship.

6. Georgia - Bulldog
    [​IMG]
    a. Georgia is led by sophomore Aaron Murray at QB who honestly is very talented. The offense is talented with Easley at HB and King at WR. Orson Charles is a 1st team All-American tight end and could be a key to UGA success. For some reason, Georgia has the best kicker and punter in the country. Too bad AJ Green is gone, because Murray just won’t look as good without the jersey-selling pass catcher making plays. The offense looks good, but Georgia doesn’t have much of a defense.
    b. Georgia moves to the ACC this year and will be an immediate competitor, which is something they’re not used to. When asked why they left for the ACC, Mark Richt said, “Most teams go to better conference, but nobody’s looking at what we’re doing. Do any of you know the ACC is a BCS-automatic qualifier? Haha what a joke.” Georgia will win games in the ACC, but defense wins championships, and since they have no defense, Florida State will win the ACC Atlantic.
    c. Most people thought UGA was just trying to avoid a tough schedule by moving to the ACC. They did but their OOC schedule is still very difficult. They have to face Florida, Georgia Tech, Penn St., and Boise, so a top-10 finish is doubtful this year.

7. USC - jandy
    [​IMG]

a. USC sure has the talent to win the Pac 12 but they always do. They have won 17 games the last 2 years, which is low for the Trojans. USC doesn’t have much motivation, and they will need Matt Barkley to come back for his senior season. USC may run an offense with a running back by committee, but that’s only because they have more than one talented back. The offensive line is thin and USC allowed 400 yards per game last season. USC has all the sanctions so this year they have nothing to play for.
    b. Jandy played well in NCAA 11 but we’ll see if he can win a national championship without the elite talent. USC has it offensively but their kicking game is terrible. It won’t be easy dealing with ASU and Stanford in the south. USC will be stealing everyone’s recruits and Reggie Bush 2.0 will come along after jandy pays him off and will dominate the Pac 12 within 3 years.
    c. USC faces Ohio St. in the “Sanctions Bowl” which is a matchup of teams who were really good from in the 2000s, but both schools are slipping. Stanford, Arizona St., Oregon, and Utah will all give USC their best shots because, well, who likes USC?

8. Miami - bucsfan047
    [​IMG]
    a. Who will start for Miami at QB this year? It really doesn’t matter because no matter who plays, Stephen Morris or Jacory Harris, he will probably throw 20 interceptions. Lamar Miller and Storm Johnson are pretty talented at running back and could carry the team who has never played in an ACC Championship game. Travis Benjamin and LaRon Byrd are back and will create big plays at wideout. Al Golden might not have the right talent for this year, but Miami definitely has potential to return to the glory days if he can get his recruits in. People are saying the defense is good, but hey Miami was 7-6 last year and they’re still dealing with Jacory Harris. What will Miami do without kicker/punter Matt Bosher?
    b. What was EA thinking when they made Miami an A overall? I was looking forward to Utah bringing them down but EA, an A overall? OK fine. If we have sliders that make passing accuracy very high, bucsfan will be fine with Harris. Since we will not have those settings, bucsfan will need to run the ball a lot and will need to recruit a QB who can throw the ball.
    c. Miami’s week 1 game at Maryland will show whether they are an ACC contender or just another 7-6 team. Out of conference, Miami has Utah and Kansas State. Now that I spewed all my “Miami is overrated talk”, I think they can win 10 games in NCAA 12 (Not in real life)

9. . Utah - jasonkapono24
    [​IMG]
    a. Utah has joined an actual conference and nobody knows how they will adjust. They didn’t play many good teams but lost to TCU, Boise, and Notre Dame (They lost to Notre Dame?) by a combined 88 points. Looking at that and the fact that the team didn’t improve much, they might be back in the Mountain West by 2013. Utah returns star QB Jordan Wynn and WR DeVonte Christopher, but lost all its good running backs. The defense is decent but the secondary is a liability.
    b. Kapono loves the to run the ball and with offensive coordinator Norm Chow installing his pro-style offense, they will run a lot. Unfortunately they have no running backs. Rumors are swirling that rugby player Thretton Palamo at 240 pounds may start just as long as he doesn’t keep pitching the ball backwards.
    c. Utah moves up to the northern division and has only one real competitor, Oregon. Somehow Kapono convinced the leaders of the Pac-12 to move north with lowly Colorado and send Stanford and Cal to the south division. Miami will be a big obstacle for the Utes.

10.Arizona State - Kasper
    [​IMG]
    a. If Arizona State is going to make any noise, 2011 is their year. ASU only went 6-6 last season but returns 19 starters and 31 seniors. Once those guys are gone, ASU will be back where they usually are-bottom of the pack. QB Brock Osweiler is 6’8” and will lead the Sun Devils spread offense with his main weapon, WR Aaron Pflugrad, who for some reason is not in the dictionary and got caught by spell check. Vontaze Burfict is a 1st team All-American and will lead the defense, but how much can one man do. Although these new uniforms may sign recruits, they won’t do anything to win games.
    b. Kasper comes in and nobody knows if he will handle the spread offense well. He’ll have his fun with Burfict before he bolts for the NFL and I doubt NCAA 12 will make a 6’8” QB have any advantage over a 6’2” QB. Once Kasper loses all his seniors after the 2011 season, USC will dominate him and so will Stanford.
    c. The Pac-12 is the best user conference so Kasper will have a tough time winning a championship. He may do it, but 2011 is his only shot. UNC’s defense will test Arizona St.’s spread offense.

11.North Carolina - I Peench
    [​IMG]
    a. UNC isn’t very highly ranked, but there is no doubt they have a great defense. They are senior-heavy on D with 3 All-Americans: DE Quinton Coples, DT Tydreke Powell, and OLB Zach Brown. Once these players sign agents, they won’t play the rest of the season, so UNC might start off fast. Sophomore Bryn Renner looks like the QB of the future and is smart and athletic. Dwight Jones is a great receiver at 6’4”. They do have to beat James Madison week 1, which has proven to be difficult with VaTech losing to them, and then going undefeated in ACC play last year.
    b. I don’t think I’ve ever played Peench but I know he won a National Title at Auburn in NCAA 11. ACC doesn’t look too good so UNC may dominate. UNC has 3 star defenders, but there still are holes and Peench won’t be too lucky, because Arizona St.’s spread should rip them apart.
    c. UNC plays in the ACC so games with Wake, Duke, NC State, and Virginia are the norm. They could make a bowl with their eyes closed, but they still do have to play VaTech, Miami, Maryland, and Arizona St. UNC wins 10 games with the weak schedule.

12.Maryland - JFace907
    [​IMG]
    a. Maryland isn’t really great at football but did have 9 wins last season. Maryland could woo young recruits with quotes like “Fear the Turtle” and “Crab cakes and Football” for now. But soon 18-year old football players will have never seen Wedding Crashers so they’ll have to get talent by gimmick sayings now and then get talent by on-field success in 4 years. Sophomore QB Danny O’Brien looks like a great QB and will lead them this season and in the future. The defense was good last year and should continue that success with LB/S Kenny Tate who is one of the best defenders in the country. Sure Maryland isn’t a big-name football power but they actually have some talent.
    b. When coach JFace was signed at Maryland to take over after fatboy Ralph Friedgen, some fans were happy but most knew he wasn’t the best choice. The fans wanted Mike Leach because he’s a football genius but now they’re stuck with JFace. He’ll have success at Maryland but he won’t get the best recruits. Maryland will be good now, but the future looks slim unless they can sign some 4 and 5 star recruits.
    c. Maryland faces Miami in week 1, which will be a huge teller for the future of the program. If they beat UM, they’re on their way to the ACC Championship, where they will lose to FSU. Although they’re in the ACC their schedule is not very easy. They’ll need to play Georgia, Michigan St., FSU, Clemson, Miami, West Virginia, and if you want to count Notre Dame, go ahead. Maryland should win 9 games this year and challenge for an ACC title.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

...all im saying is look out for them Bullpups(ya i said it) :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

No love for the ACC! Haha, good work @jasonkapono24 . This is nicely put together.

4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Nice job, Jason. Looks good.

5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Great Job jason (besides that fact that nobody will beat FSU lol, HOMER!)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Lol @ spread offense.

that shits getting canned as soon as I step on campus.

Overall though you hit the nail on the head, first season should be good then it will be a few before (hopefully) my recruiting can kick in.

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Thanks guys and bucs if that was you who voted for Miami to win the championship :confused:.

Anyways its really tough to name a favorite out of all of us. Pac 12, ACC, and Big 10 should all be very close. I don't think we'll see anybody go 13-0 this year.

8. Bulldog

No that was me and you better watch out is all im saying Matt is getting good

9. jandy

jandy Walk On

Great work, Jason. You really did your research for it and it shows (y).

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Hopefully I can beat him this year. @bucsfan047 have we decided on the location of our game in year 1. With 4 user games (5 including championship game) any national championships will truly be earned.

11. I Peench

I will :)

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm relying on Kasper and the Pac 12 to knock you out, because the ACC...:rolleyes:. Anyways I'm not really an ACC hater with FSU in the ACC, but it still is pretty soft with Duke, Wake, UVa, and BC nowadays. I'll be rooting for my fellow Pac 12 teams all year.

13. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

watch i stink it up this year now lol.. thx

coming out to Utah year 1

14. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Nice job man

15. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

great job Jason :5stars:

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We should be able to give em a good run

17. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I voted Georgia

18. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I went with Penn St. Don't really know why but I but I'm giving the new unproven guy a shot at winning this. Oregon has the pressure with 3 votes already.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Looking forward to our game already, the games I played with Jandy were all close except for the last, so I'm hoping I can keep up with James and company.

20. I Peench

I went with USC. Barkley will be a beast, especially with Woods, Farmar, and Prater. Scary passing attack for the Trojans. Also, a veteran secondary should shut down the opposing passing attacks. Inexperience in the trenches could be an issue, but most of these guys are 4 and 5 star recruits.

It was close between OSU, USC, and OR, but I went USC. Jandy won the last NC and I didn't wan to put any MORE pressure on @joeptc :)

21. Bulldog

Also Washaun Ealey transferred to Jacksonville State i believe.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah Prater and Woods are gonna be rough too stop in the future.

Dare I say I know I will be the third wheel out west with USC and Oregon.. Me and Kapono can battle to be that "other" good Pac 12 team.

23. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Joe beat up on me a few times and jandy and I were 1-1 but I'm ready for a tight Pac-12 race. And I know Kasper went to the NC last year. Kasper you can be the 4th wheel:)

24. I Peench

25. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Hopefully the future of Utah football for me. I'm interested to see what EA has his ratings set at.