We are about to find something out

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Jan 11, 2012.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Cheez
    Kapono
    Boom29
    Jayrah
    MaxATX34
    bucsfan047
    MexiRican35
    recchem2000

Now I am not going to name any names, my co defendant knows who he is, but we are about to find out who has the meanest wife/significant other. Someone, wanted to play our user game last night because his wife was not home, even though it was like 11:30 PST. Now, my wife was home and wanted to sleep, and I acquiesced and agreed to play him. This morning my wife told she was mad at me, and it wasn't the regular I am going to yell at you, no this was the quiet mad. I think everyone is familiar with the quiet mad so I won't go into details about this. In addition to being upset with me she tells me I want this member wife's phone number.

Now, I wasn't go to try and explain anything to my wife this morning because she wasn't going to listen. I am pretty sure when I try and tell her this member's wife wasn't home last night I don't know if she is going to care. So if you don't see me on xbox live tonight or tomorrow you now know why. If I don't appear back up on Friday, please text me or send a search party for me I may be dead.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ruh roh!

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Gee I wonder who that could be...I said I was sorry and gave you the option to play tonight. Im sorry, im sorry, im sorry!!!!

4. gowazzucougs

Well I didn't think she would be mad.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just don't call here a bitch with a smiley face next to it and you'll be ok

• Like Like x 1
  6. gowazzucougs

I will tell my wife that, I have a feeling they will be speaking to each other on the phone.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Should I warn my wife??? We both gonna get time-outs :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. gowazzucougs

I have thought about this, and this is what I think you should tell her. When you come home tonight tell her she is going to get a call from my wife tonight. Tell her that you may have gotten me in trouble last night with my wife by playing our game really late. Tell her that you were bored, and wanted to play the game. It was a mistake, and it will not happen again. In addition, you can apologize to my wife on the phone as well if that will make things right. I will try and explain to my wife that you were bored and lonely because your wife was gone for the evening. I will also state it was not your goal to make her mad or did I think she would be mad.

I think there are a few reasons why she is upset, first she is PREGNANT. Second, because she is pregnant she needs her sleep, and I don't think she slept well so she has an easy target, other nights she doesn't have this target, but last night she got one. Finally, she has this idea we are headed towards a divorce some day because she doesn't feel the magic or something along those lines. We had this conversation on Monday night. I had two simply responses, first is the simply we get up at 6:30ish get showered, dressed, tend to the kid, work, get home, tend to the kid, put kid to bed, clean up after the kid, and then by that time it is like 8 or so we need to wind down. I also told her we needed to do more things together, but it is hard because we stay home a lot, we need to be more social with our friends because it would give us something to do.

If anyone has other suggestions please feel free to pipe in. We may need as much input as possible.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Ah Christ, I need to apologize? You're gonna owe me Forest!

With the needing time part, you can't just tell her to suck it up (it doesnt work, i've tried) but with another one coming you guys arent gonna have squat as far as time together. She just needs to get used to that fact. You do your best, make the time you have with her mean something and you're golden. My wife does the same shit to me every once and a while. It gets old but with 2 kids, no money and no baby sitters, its tough to go out and have a social life. These are things you do in your 20's as far as im concerned and once you have kids, that shit slows way down, almost to a crawl. Unless you are lucky and have a bunch of money or friends and family that will watch your kids at the drop of a dime.

My 2 cents.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

Here's where we'll both be by the end of the evening :D

11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

[​IMG]

or here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gowazzucougs

You are saying what I already know. I believe what she wants at the end of the day is me to watch tv with her every night after the child goes to sleep. I just recently introduce this idea of reading books together, but I do not know how long that is really going to last. I don't know what she is picturing, but between child, and work there really isn't much else we can do.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well thats about it...somedays are good, some arent. I can't tell you what you already know.

14. Cheez

i think im speaking for all the non-married folk here.... stop sharing the horror stories. please. you're scaring me.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thats the point! Be afraid, be very afraid!

16. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

gowazzucougs honestly, my marriage stinks most of the time and I run into the same issues, but here is a small peice of advice (I have been married for 10 years and we have 2 kids nine and five years old). You have to be deliberate about spending time with her, but you dont have to tell her that. In other words, plan a date or even just an activity where you take your kid with you, but don't tell her about it until that day. "Oh, hey honey, look I ran and got you coffee and bagels from your favorite place. Since we are both off today I thought we would go to (enter place name here). A friend/coworker recommended such and such restaraunt, he said they have the best whatever." The point is that you think it all out ahead of time but it feels spontaneous to her. Also, the more goodwill you build up this way the more leway you get for other stuff (in theory if not always in practice). Good Luck

Cheez whatever you do, make sure before you get married that expectations are clear with regards to time spent with your friends or pursuing activities without her (like playing xbox) I have found that most women believe that after marriage they will be attached at the hip to you and you will never do anything that doesnt fully include them...... or just run away.... far away if things get too serious ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cheez

you missed the discussion the other night about how my on-again / off-again gf tried selling my xbox, didn't you

18. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

LMAO

yes, I only came over here because cougs mentioned this in a thread for a different league we are in together.... that is really funny

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

2 TVs in same room!

20. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

she should just be off, no more again lol. Selling the xbox is too much haha.

Thats the set up me and my gf used to have, worked out very well until her TV quit out on us.

21. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

All I have to say to this is....hahahahahhahahahahahahaha

And that I am glad to be single :D

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well I didnt get a phone call from gowazzucougs wife so I think all is well in the Worgum household!

23. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

The only advice I have to you gowazzucougs is: cut a league or 2 from your schedule. She is under the impression that the games matter more to you than the family. Its our time out to chill and have relax time and all that, which I get totally, but an extra hr or 2 every other day maybe just watching a show or sharing (or venting lol) her day with you and just chill time with you is all she wants. Sounds as if she just feels very distant from your company right now.

24. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

P.s. just don't cut this league..... haha

• Like Like x 1
  25. gowazzucougs

Well here is the update, my wife did not call recchem's wife. She was too tired to call her. Again, I believe a lot of this stuff has to do with her being pregnant. The other night she could blame me, but somehow I wasn't blamed last night when I slept through the night, or last Friday night when I was up till 1 in the morning reading a book in bed.