We are....

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Mar 27, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

We are....

TRADITION FOOTBALL....

just like they say it at Marshall... it holds here too.

I am not Tradition Football... Drifter is not Tradition Football... Archie is not Tradition Football... all the other commish's and staff are NOT TRADITION FOOTBALL...

WE, all of us together are TRADITION FOOTBALL

The only reason this thing exists is because coaches take the time and effort to make the leagues interesting, fun and community based. That's what started this whole thing and that's what will keep it healthy.

1. Activity
    2. Comradery
    3. Gameplay
    4. Community

Those are the 4 things we focus on here.

Your activity in the community is just as important as getting your games in.

Taking an interest in your fellow coaches and even helping those out who may be struggling with aspects of the game is priority around here.

Straigh realistic gameplay, void of AI abuse, should be standard operating procedure.. if your pushing the boundries, just stop and re-evaluate why you would be putting so much importance on a game of internet football.

Contributing content, banners, graphics and yes even donations should be your goal at some point. I'm not saying im going to be making a list, but those who put in more are certainly going to get more out of this.

We are not starting anymore leagues until we get the ones we have healthy. If that means cutting the dead weight.. if that means consolidating down.. that's what we will do. Im interested in growing, but in a healthy way... not this "hey let's start another league with 10 guys i don't know from Adam"...

Just remember.. you control your experience... commish's if you want your league to have content on the front page of the site.. write an article... coache's if you want your name in the headlines... post some content and we will get it put up.

We are going to be looking into some forum/wordpress integration tools to allow more seamless posting between the two... not sure how quickly we are going to get there.. but it will happen. Until then, just post them in game summaries or in a team update thread.

There will be tools down the road to help with these types of activities. But for now i think we still have a good setup where you can be active in the forums and get content posted...

Let's finish up strong for '09... cause this place gonna be nuts when '10 hits.

2. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Tradition (Ryno) keep up the good work

I'm still relatively new... but without Tradition Football... what site would I check 15 times a day while I sit at my desk at work?

3. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

The minute I post in the waiting list section this is posted lol.

I wanted to join up on a fresh dynasty. But on the other spectrum, I want a dynasty with quality members as well.

Wish I could with a fresh tradition dynasty, but that looks like it's not an option now.
    Maybe with some unhealthy leagues you could comebine the productive members of the lower tradition leagues to get a better member base. Idk wut is best but just a suggestion

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

were still taking members.. we have spots at this point. Were just not adding anymore leagues until we get some of the inactive guys churned out and see what we are left with... V and VI both have openings and just started, so you can still get in early on those.

5. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

I'm pretty sure Tradition VI filled thier ACC & Big 12 spots. That would only leave Tradition V, but both leagues look slow and lacking in qauntity of committed members to stack up against the model of Tradition I.

I'm also more interested in BCS conference leagues. Which Tradition V is not.

I know you're opposed to the idea of another Tradition league, but with Tradition VI being set on members I think another league could be started if quality members were searched for.

I'm new here, so I know what I have to say doesn't exactly hold high authority. Just communicating my ideas and thoughts.

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

there both brand new... and i think either could use a quality committed member to help BUILD that base. We need guys who know what it takes for a league to thrive to step into those leagues and build similar to other stronger TT dynasty's. You sound like the perfect guy... (y)

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Amen brother.

This is THE home for sim style football.

Period.

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

WE ARE...

... N D!!!!!!!

Ohh... right... TRADITION FOOTBALL! :D

Good stuff Ryno! I am lovin this place.

9. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

Like I said, I'm more of a BCS conference type of guy. I know those in Tradition V will have a blast building up non-BCS schools, but I like to play with schools with some tradition.

That would leave Tradition VI, but I think they filled up? Correct me if I'm wrong.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

not sure, i would check though.. also, i think TTIII had a spot open.. i would give you a referrel if Rawlins needs one.

11. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

I checked with Rawlins too. He said Tradition III spot was filled.

Also I responded to your post on why in the other thread I asked Jkhaalis why he said "wow.."

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Elk, have you checked with Archie about OFFL West?

Last I knew we had a spot open, and we are in week one of a BCS conference dynasty. You would have to be a Pac-10 spot if he was interested.

I am assuming you have a legit reference.:)

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. Elk's legit and would be a solid add for you guys.

14. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

Do you know what Pac-10 teams are available? Really haven't ventured over to the OFFL leagues as I'm usually following the tradition.

Also Ryno, do you have an AIM or something? I'd like to chat with you with quicker communication

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Just drop a line in the forums.

Read and make sure you are OK with the rules first. I am not sure if Archie had someone lined up, but it doesn't hurt to check.

16. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

I posted, after viewing the rules I'm more of a faster paced dynasty guy. 2 advances per week is kinda slow. Do you guys usally advance faster than usual?

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    In the past, yes. We just started this one, so who knows.

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

XBL would be the best bet... im about to go mow the lawn right now though, ill be back on later.

19. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

TT VI

I actually just had a spot open up in the ACC Costal. The way we work is that we have 2 guys from each side of the conf. so I would ask you to take Miami over and then at the end of the season you to switch to any of the other ACC Costal teams you would like, Im giving you first crack at this so PM me if your interested.

20. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Thanks for posting this Ryno...

You said what all of us are saying in our OFFL leagues to each other. I agree with you fully and we need to tighten the ship before the onslaught begins in just a few months.

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm not tradition football???!?

I guess I need to figure out how to get rid of the "TF" tatoo I have on my chest...

22. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

I'd love to join, but in Legendary Veterans I'm Georgia Tech which is an ACC team that's in the Coastal division so I'm pretty sick of ACC Coastal lol.

Plus I've grown to hate Miami. If it was another conference I'd give it a hard look. Wish it was, it'd be fun to join a Tradition League after following them for some time.

23. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

We also have an opening for Wake Forest too.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hey bogey -- I would love to join TT VI as either Miami or Wake. I would prefer Miami, but I would roll with either if you still have an opening. I am gonna post a message in the 'teams available' thread too.

25. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

Again, I'd love to join. But two dynasties where I'm an ACC team is too much ACC for me.

If you have another opening, just gimme a heads up. I"ll check often.