We could have a problem fellas

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Hellisan, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We could have a problem fellas

Today while playing Ryno I noticed that the option was a little difficult to stop. But I really wasn't looking for it the two or three times he ran it and the pitches weren't TOO cheesy.

Well, I went to practice mode. On Heisman, with a 68 speed QB, I was averaging at least (LEAST!) 15 YPP. And pitching it out my ass, between guys, from a prone position, pitching it FORWARD, through my running back, etc. here is just a smattering - a VERY small taste - of what I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf_xDH61nrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqGuMiCBbQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo2g-ck_YT8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKPYuKAN2GY

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    wtf is that? jesus...

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

That last one is rediculous.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Awesome!!! I should be a shoe in for the BCS game with Tebow then. hahaha. (y)

Actually, that sucks. Videos 2 & 3 looked like last year. Videos 1&4 however were very disappointing. I'd hope 1 would get reviewed and ruled down and they need to change it so if you pitch too late, just like when you throw in the grasp, it's an errant pitch.

I smell a PATCH!!!

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

that is some Bullish right there.

new rule.......not options allowed! Done!!

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

That could put a damper on my Georgia Tech offense. :)

7. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Yeah, my GT squad wouldn't go for that rule either.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

EA never fails us.........i am not surprised.

9. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I agree no options, until they patch it(if they patch it). The 2nd & 3rd Vid are bad, but I can live with it. The 1st & 4th vid.....I mean seriously EA. I say no options off the strength of the 1st & 4th vids.

10. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Sheesh, wish I woulda fared that well in my Play Now with my Duke team against Wake on Heisman. Bastages picked three of my pitches lol.

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i dont hink we can outright BAN options altogether. some teams are based on them. we just have to police ourselves. if your tackled, knee, ass, back, etc are down, dont pitch it out your ass...take the loss

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

my opinion.

Things that work in practice don't work in the game. If you wanna try and pitch it like that in a game on me, go ahead. I'm willing to give you an extra 5 yards if you wanna risk a fumble or now a intercepted pitch.

On the other hand, if I am playing someone legit, and I get off a crazy ass pitch I usually just run out of bounds.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i was kidding........

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    No humor allowed!!

:)

I have been practicing with Army and I can't get squat.

15. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

I tried it as well using the GT playbook. First off let me say I love what they have done with the fleXbox One. I just don't know if I can run a playbook with no shotgun plays. I played with GT against the FSU defense. I had a lot of success using the option.

I think if you are going to run the option a lot in your gameplan. Then you know when the right time to pitch it is. I for 1 think it's cheesey to pitch to your RB when you are less than a foot from hitting the ground. If something needs to be done. I think you should pitch the ball right before contact from defenders. No wrapping up the QB for 2-3 seconds and then you pitch. Thats just my opinion though.

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

there will be no banning of option plays... to me, it's the same as last year.. you could pitch it out of your ass in '09 too.

I want anyone to show me a team in any dynasty in '09 that dominated their league running mostly option plays..... i know it didn't happen in TT I.

I know some of the videos are ridiculous, but they are staged to be that way.. somebody trying to show the extreme.. and that's cool, i get the intent.. but i think it's being blown a bit out of proportion right now.

Everyone calm down and let's see how it plays out for a bit before we make any rash decisions... i for one don't think people will intentionally abuse this around here, but i've been wrong before.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We could have a problem fellas.

oh rly?!

intercepted pitch btw..wasn't trying to show off on that spin. Also, I just noticed that easportsworld has it down as an 80 yard TD rush by Pryor

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wow I appreciate you downplaying my concerns. heh I didn't stage anything, I showed the horrible reality. All I'm hoping is that it's worse in practice mode than in the game. Like in '09 where you could strafe catch in practice and literally be unstoppable but you couldn't strafe catch in games. I hope this is like that.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm gonna say one more thing about this. The bullshit pitching is annoying and shitty. But IMO, arguably worse is the fact that the defense simply DOES NOT play the option well. After messing around in practice mode for a half hour, I could have put up videos of at least 30 EASY touchdowns with my 68 speed QB pitching to the HB who went untouched or broke 1 tackle and went to the house because the other 10 defenders react like it's a run straight up the middle. It's bad.

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im not downplaying the concern, im just not going to overreact to it. You went into practice mode to intentionally see if you could pitch it in extreme situations.. and that's what you showed us.

that's not a user v user game on Heisman.... which is our reality. IMO it's no worse that it was in '09 and you actually have to worry about a D intercepting the pitch now which is something you did not have to really contest with last year. Everyone needs to stop, breathe deep, and let things settle for a day or two. It's a new game with new gameplay... it will take a few days to get use to.

21. jfosh

jfosh Super

Was playing against CPU today. The CPU had the ball on their 6 yard line and ran a screen. They had a holding called against them on the play. The game hit them with a safety and they had to kick off.

Glitch?

22. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Depends, if the holding occured in the endzone which is possible then a safety is a good call.

23. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I've had a holding call in the endzone that caused me to get a safety so it definitely happened like it should in that instance.

24. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Good lord it looks like EA may have gotten that one right.

That was the correct call if the hold occured in the endzone.

25. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I ran some options last night..while I did see some balls shot out of QBs ass.....the option was rather ineffective. I had better success keeping it with the QB then flinging it to the HB.