We Have a Forum

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Jul 25, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

2. Connor

Connor Walk On

Read em. Understand. Will do as best I can to follow them. Hope I don't slip up.

3. Connor

Connor Walk On

What's the twitter page?

4. gowazzucougs

I am going to create it later this week

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Checking in. All sounds good.

6. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Read and understand.. I do think that the 82 limit on speed for shifting to DE is a bit low.. I think 86 is better, but that's just an opinion.. Also, the 28+ rule in the second half is a bit early to pull your starters.. I generally don't pull my starters until the end of the 3rd qtr.

Other than that, I'm pretty good on all the rules.

7. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Read em & all is square here.
    Just a side note I'd like to add to make it easier on u Cougs, we should have everyone set their "ready to advance" green indicators only after they are completely done with recruiting. I find it's best to recruit while I'm on to play my game ;). That's why those green dots show up in the dynasty central tab and let's use them so our commish doesn't have to ask

8. gowazzucougs

9. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

i have a problem with a couple of the rules?

Players Leaving
    Players rated 90+ OVR may not be swayed into staying. Players rated 87+ OVR who have also won an offseason award during their career (such as the Heisman) may not be swayed into staying. Punters and Kickers are exempt from this rule. really i think this is a little unreasonable.

4-2-5/3-3-5 defenses – These defenses are allowed for use as a base defensive set.

1-5-5 defense – This defensive formation is not allowed. you allowed 3-3-5 which i feel is the most cheesy defense but 1-5-5 is out?

10. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I think he means as a base defense. I think you can still use, just not as your every down defense.

11. gowazzucougs

Most of these rules are taken verbatim from the After Midnight Dynasty that I am a part in. The goal of the players leaving rule is to give the computer a chance to be competitive. Last year I was a part of many dynasties where the computer would just eventually wilt, I believe the consensus was to address this through recruiting restrictions and limiting the ability to sway back top players. Where to draw the line is hard to determine, 87 is what the AM Commissioner decided, and I am fine with it.

As for the defenses, the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 are permissible defenses, and I have no problem with their use as base defenses. With regards to custom defensive playbooks, no team uses a mixture of the 4-3, 3-4, 3-3-5, and 4-2-5, and that is what custom playbook would allow. Finally as to the 1-5-5, as a group we decided that we would just assume remove from the playbook because it is a defense that is not called very often in the college game, and the potential for abuse.

If you disagree with these rules you do not have to be in this dynasty. You are free to leave, with no hard feelings.

12. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

I totally understand the computer being competitive thing, But wouldn't limiting scholarships have a better effect. I could let one 87-90 player go and recruit 3 :5stars: players to take his place according to the rules now. Im not trying to be argumentative just trying to understand the logic.

13. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

I have a question on the person that joined the dynasty as Miami. I don't think it's fair that we have someone in a conference by himself w/ no user competition this season. I think it would have made more sense for him to be placed into the SEC if he's an East Coaster.. Yes, it would have been one more user against me and the other SEC guys but it would allow for more balance as he won't face a user until (at the earliest) a bowl game.

Just a note and I'm sure it's just this season, but even in future years he'll be playing against us in the SEC anyway, more than likely but he'll have a significantly softer schedule outside of his user games b/c of the tendency of the ACC to turn to shit when controlled by the CPU.

14. gowazzucougs

That guy was kicked out. I have no idea who he is

15. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Hahaha.. Ok, that makes sense now.. I was truly like, WTF?!

16. Darkwing

Is the dynasty set to public instead of private?
    & Mikedeep97 LOL

17. gowazzucougs

I have it now set to private, I sent an invite yesterday morning to the last guy but I don't think he had accepted the invite before this unknown walked in

18. Darkwing