we have a problem

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jan 22, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

we have a problem

in our current rules it states this for the offseason:
    Okay, now I look at each list and make the following decisions:
    this slipped past me.
    do we want to keep this or do we just want to let it say they can release anyone below the average?
    if we keep this then that means the top 10 O and D means those are the only players who can be cut and or tagged

2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i so no...we cut anyone below the average...but what we are going to run into is like myself guys cutting 60's and 50's...
    and if we keep it we all will be cutting 6 of our top 20 guys...

as trade active as this league is...i think we should take a look at the free agency process before we get deep in it..

i have a grea idea and if yall are willing to listen or consider..i think it will be just as good or better

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i like our system, but i want to make it to cut 3 above and 3 below, not just on the list of 20 players that you got your averages from

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

As I stated in the other thread. I vote to not keep the system and go with the idea you guys came up with last night. I think it will make people happy and is easy to covert.

5. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

the original idea is fine. I do think it should be cut anyone under the average or maybe you just have to cut 1 of the 3 below has to be in the top 10. I don't Cades idea so I have no opinion on that.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, the whole idea of the "top 10 offense/defense" averages was to make people make decisions on their top 20 players and force activity in free agency for better overall players.

If you want to change it, then I say 2 of the 3 cuts below the average have to be on the list of 20 players. The third can be anywhere as long as it's below the average.

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I would be for the old system if we tweaked it a little. I just think that 3 above and 3 below is alot. I honestly would be putting 2 of my top players out there including 2 that I got back in the Reed deal, which made that deal essentially Reed for Nicks. I know that is my mistake and I will deal with it if I have to, but I am just giving my input. I like Cade's system, but would not be against a tweak as Claven and Win alluded to.