we have advanced to week 7

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

we have advanced to week 7

Get to it!

I want to say on a negative note..... I am really learning some lessons this season in recruiting. Kudos to the guys that are taking me to the woodshed. You know who you are.

Coleman, congrats you signed Love. :monkeybutt:

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Unfortunately he may be the only stud I get this year. I was looking to add two or three impact guys. I also inst signed a 3 star guard.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well, if you mortgaged your class to get him, that might make me feel a tad better... (n)

But I do have good news, due to the divide and conquer act you and Ryno did with two very good OLB prospects (Williams and another guy...) I had to give up on one and so you'll get that guy for sure. The other guy Ryno will probably still get! (y)

I played my cards pretty poorly this year. Going after Love was a stupid lark that really cost me. To put the time I put into him (2+ hr/week) and not get him is pathetic.... Georgia isn't really that great at recruiting IMO. but I probably just suck.

Still... I was like 10th on Love's list and I wasn't on Dingle's list to start the year, basically any "real" impact guy has not liked my team. Other than getting lucky with Anderson I've had nothing but baaaaaad luck..

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

i'll join the Georgia pity party. This is two years in a row Coleman has done damage to me.

Can't lock anybody up....especially a wide out. Damn when Julio leaves its not gonna be pretty at Alabama.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

3 user games this week I know they will all be done tommorrow.(y)

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL. Pity party is a bit strong since I will admit that most of this is my fault....

I think it's just that SO FAR we've been a little unlucky but I think my luck will swing. I remember that in the original class... There was an unbelievable group of talent that was interested in me and then we had something get screwed up and had to start over and that's when it all went south to some extent.

i still have three blue-chip players signed so far this season and I have a lot of players that I like on my board, but I just got completely out strategized in particular by Coleman and Ryno. Those guys just did a great job. The only ambush I saw coming was you with the QB! lol. I have him visiting this week we'll see if I can keep him from ya.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have alot of bums in my class..........I am just signing them b/c I have to not b.c I want to.

Very hard to recruit players I am not excited about. Good thing is my exisiting roster is full of potential.......they are just young and dumb right now. We really NEED a defensive leader and guy who is feared on the defense. We are hoping the SS Britt will step up to that roll.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

X2 recrutiing on that guy this week... so i really laid it on thick.. we will see what happens..

9. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

The schedule has made recruiting for me tough. There are a few guys who are likely to sign with me but just waiting for their visit - but because i've played five of the last six on the road I haven't had a chance to get anybody in.

Week 8 will be huge for me against rival Wake Forest. I've basically got damn near everybody showing up that weekend.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

This.....vs Duke!

11. BlyGilmore

fuck duke. cocksuckers gave me a scare last year - had to win the game on a last second FG. hate those guys.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL i got a ton of recruits coming in against Duke this week...we shall see what happens :)

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ryno, I dropped one OLB and put a SHIT-TON of time into the other guy just making a last-gasp attempt. We'll see if it works.

edit: Sucks that you got X2 though. Continuiing with my general theme, I got X2 as well.... On three guys I couldn't give a good god durn about...

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

FYI......I gave up on that 6-6 QB Francis......behind Miami and Tennessee.....didn't want to waste any more time.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I'm pretty sure I had X2 with the Williams guy this week too. It'll be hard for me to set up visits anytime before week 14. Unless I want to bring them in against Miami or Georgia Tech. I'm pissed that I've been pumping about and hour a week into this 2 star MLB and he still isnt interested.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hall?

Wow, on the X2 I'm glad I got out then.. BOTH of the OLB that I was trying to get the other teams got X2, that's just grand. The reason I dumped the one you were after was because I figured without Love you'd have a ton of additional time freed up.... I've had enough of going against you ya maniac.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I lost my #1 guy to Florida. That MLB stugatt or something, that guy will be a stud. Also I tried to sneak up and steal another fb (Joe Ransom) from Bama but I messed around and had the guy hang up two weeks in a row.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I thought the guy Stegall that Florida got was the best guy in the class. We agree on that one. I'm going after a couple guys including a 2-star (Willie Hall) and although I don't think he's too great, he can play some... And I like his size.

19. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

WTF is X2?

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

God quit pretending you like video games just go have another latte with a rich girl or something! :mad:

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

No I dont think I am going after anyone named Hall. The guy I am after is slower than most users would be comfortable with but real strong, and can tackle well. I need a space eater and I'll let my ss and OLB's make plays.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

23. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Holy shit! I had no idea about that. So does a little x2 icon just pop up somewhere when this happens?

:p:p Got me there.

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

You have to manually call the Recruit and you will see a 2X next to their head and instead of getting 16-18 points a clip, you will get 32-36 points a clip......for the same amount of minutes.

25. BlyGilmore

thanks for spelling out the math on what 2x16 is.