We Invented Swag: 2010 Miami Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We Invented Swag: 2010 Miami Hurricanes

[​IMG]

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

FAU Owls @ #14 Miami Hurricanes (7-24W)(1-0,0-0)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cooper and Berry Run Miami Past FAU​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ohio State 18 Miami 38

Simmed Game

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Pitt Runs All Over Miami

Coral Gables, Florida- This was a game to remember for the Pitt Panthers as they rolled #10 Miami 40-10 in front of their home crowd.

"I don't know what the [expletive] happened" an irrate JerzeyReign said afterwards.

Pittsburgh's Dion Lewis would have a field day as he rushed for a career high 206 yards on 25 carries with 3 touchdowns. He got the scoring going early as he raced in from 35 yards out to put Pitt up early. On their very next possession he would break 8 tackles and race in from 61 yards out.

Pitt wouldn't let up in the second quarter as well as they outscored Miami 20-0 in the frame. It was 34-0 at halftime and most of the Miami crowd had left the stadium cursing thier Hurricanes as they watched their NC hopes be dashed by the Panthers.

Facing Pitt's second string defense for most of the second half the 'Canes were eventually able to put some points on the board to avoid the shutout but it was a little too late.

Final Score: 40-10

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Miami Slips By Duke, 24-21

Coral Gables, Florida- Boy the Miami Hurricanes are struggling this year. The 'Canes needed to make key plays at the end, which included a 30 yard FG with no time left, to fend off the Blue Devils of Duke Saturday.

The game was tight throughout as both defenses kept it close. Miami struggled heavily in the first half but still managed to limp into halftime with the lead, 14-7. Graig Cooper returned to the Miami lineup in limited duty had 10 carries for 48 yards but it was the arm of Jacory Harris which saved the day. Harris had 3 touchdowns to go along with 342 yards passing as he was down right dominant throwing from shotgun.

Duke's no huddle offense gave the 'Canes fits all game as they opened the second half with two unanswered touchdowns to take a 21-14 heading into the fourth. Coach JerzeyReign called a timeout and gathered his entire team on the sideline as time was winding down in the fourth. Cameras couldn't catch what he said to his team but it must of inspired them as the 'Canes fought back and tied the game up on a 15 yard touchdown pass from Jacory Harris with just under two minutes to play.

The Miami defense came out inspired as well as they stuffed Duke on 3 straight plays to give their offense one last shot. On Miami's first play on the following drive Harris found WR Benjamin on a short drag route that he took 58 yards deep inside Duke territory. After forcing the Blue Devils to use all their timeouts, Jake Wieclaw calmly stepped in and knocked down a 30 yard FG to allow Miami to escape embarassment.

Miami improved to 4-2 (2-1) and has a tough game versus North Carolina next week.

[​IMG]

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Miami Loses Again, 14-7

Coach Jerzey's Press Conference:

"I have no f****** clue what's going on right now. We can't play defense, we can't run, we can't pass. We can't do s***! This is a f****** embarrassment. I can't believe I allow these kids to come out here like this. I can't believe they allow themselves to play like this. This is f****** unacceptable. We played like s***. Give North Carolina alot of credit, they played a hell of a ballgame. But this is not the team I thought we had coming into the season." Coach Jerz fumed before knocking over the mic and slamming the door behind him as he walked out of the conference area.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    The Losing Continues​

Coach Jerzey Press Conference:

"I don't know what to say, I really don't. Their is nothing to be said. This is freaking... yeah I'm not cussing this week, can't afford the fines... terrible. Nothing is going right. I'm tired of yelling because obviously it doesn't work. These kids are giving it all they have but maybe their best isn't good enough. I'm trying everything but nothing is working. I really don't know where to go from here." Coach Jerzey said following a 22-16 loss to UVA. The loss dropped the canes to 4-4 on the year, 2-3 in the ACC.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    'Canes Drown Terps, 33-7

Press Conference:

"This was a lot easier than we expected. Normally Maryland plays us tough but our guys were embarassed by last week's loss to Virginia. Our defense wanted to prove a point after being called by campus radio jocks. We proved we do have some fight left and its gonna take a team effort to get back. The world has turned their backs on us, now its time to make them turn back and face us." Coach Jerzey said as he picked up a slight jog and headed into the locker room to celebrate.

Game Notes:

Maryland was held to only 194 yards of total offense for the game... Miami jumped out to its biggest halftime lead of the season 24-0.... Despite being pulled Jacory Harris still tossed 3 touchdown passes.... 3rd String HB L.Miller led the team in rushing (82 yards).... The Miami defense was responsible for 9 first hand points with Van Dyke returned an interception and a team safety late in the game.

Next week the 'Canes face #2 Georgia Tech and that powerful option offense.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Miami Shocks #2 Georgia Tech in 9 OTs, 73-71

Press Conference:

"I thought this game would never end. Greatest game I've ever been apart of. Each team made great plays throughout. Their option was tough, lemme tell you but our guys stuck together and made only one more play than they did. I'm proud of 'em. Even when things didn't look promising we kept swinging. Coach FSU had his guys playing today. It was an honor to be on the opposite sideline in one of the greatest games in college football history."

Game Notes:

GT had 282 yards of rushing yards... Miami's Jacory Harris tossed 5 touchdown passes to go along with 300 yards... The 9 OTs is a TF record... the 144 combined points are also a TF record... the loss was Georgia Tech's first of the year... Miami's L.Hankerson did not play in this game... Georgia Tech HB T.Washington was 2-2 on pass attempts including a 14 yard touchdown pass... this was Coach Jerz's first win in 3 user games of the season.

Next week rival Virginia Tech comes to town for probably another punch 'em in the mouth defensive battle.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Man's World: Canes Outlast Hokies, 10-7

Press Conference:

"This is what its all about. We knew this was gonna be a tough game. We stuck to our gameplan which was to run the ball. Eventually they would tire and they would fold. It took until the fourth quarter but our defense played them tough. This is the defense I wanted this year. This is the defense I knew we had coming into the season. We still have one more game left but this was a big morale booster for us."

Game Notes:

Neither team threw for more than 150 yards in the game... Both teams struggled in the redzone as Virginia Tech was shutout in its only opportunity and Miami was 1-3 on the day.... Jacory Harris failed to throw a touchdown pass for the first time this season... D.Berry led the Canes in rushing with 97 yards... No Miami receiver had more than one catch

Next week the 'Canes look to finish the season strong as they take on the Bulls of USF

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Game Notes:

This was Coach Jerzey's first and possibly last bowl win with the Hurricanes... Miami scored 14 unanswered 4th quarter points.... Miami's win was their 5th in a row... In their final game Damien Berry and Graig Cooper both rushed for 90+ yards... Miami's Leonard Hankerson returned for his last collegiate game and recorded 4 receptions for 92 yards.... Miami's Jamal Reid (FS) scored the winning touchdown with just over a minute left on a 43 yard interception return for a touchdown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.