We need a new rule...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Matrix Monkey, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

We need a new rule...

No playing FCS teams.

I just played a game where I had 896 yards of total offense and got -760 sportsmanship points because it docked me every time I threw the ball starting in the 2nd freaking quarter even though I was having far better success on the ground.

The CPU offered no challenge and my stats are all inflated and I wasn't even trying. Not to mention now my sportsmanship score makes me look like a cheeser online.

2. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I agree man... I'll keep that in mind for next season. The same thing happened to me... I had my second D/O in after the first quarter I think...

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

fair catch kicks/punts...chew clock...run the ball...play your second string the entire game

seriously...if you do that you will not score 100+

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I agree. I don't get how guys are scoring more than 70 against these teams with 7 minute quarters. You must be doing nothing but passing the ball or trying your damnedest to break tackles...

5. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I had more than 50 in the first quarter... ran back three interceptions for touchdowns on their side of the field. I honestly felt like I couldn't be stopped, busted through with the HB a few times and then just dove to the ground to end the run. After the first quarter I just simmed the rest of the game and my team only got like two more TD's the rest of the game.

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I was breaking tackles just by pushing forward, it was ridiculous.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm going to have to ask that Diggin' throw out all scores over 75 (even if that includes your own).

Here is the deal guys. No one wants to see anything near 100 points a game. Why? It screws up many things on a number of different levels. Not to mention it starts to make people reconsider how 'sim' this site is. Especially from a commish. You guys opted to play other real college teams, so I would assume you want this to be a semi-real experience.

If there is any questions about this issue, you can take it up with me or someone else in management, but I guarantee they will say the same thing. There are handfuls of things you can do to keep the score down. Chew the clock, run dives, punt when you get into the redzone. As silly as it sounds, it is way more realistic than hanging 100 points and over 800 yards of offense. Ridiculous.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

to add...and to repeat what I said..

fair catch the ball...you don't need to return the INTs for TDs...you know you are going to win..play your second team

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I agree. And I did run dives and chew clock from 2nd quarter on except for a handful of passes and I didn't get any special teams TDs. Feel free to sim my game as long as I get a win and don't have any injured players.

10. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

woah....I dont think anyone intended to insult the integrity of the league or anything. I know my game was not intended to inflate stats or anything or the sort, I simmed more than half the game.....

So... how do I fix it?

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

go to dynasty headquarters...press 'A' on the teams' page or w/e you want to call it...find the option to "throw out results"

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Throw them out and replay them or sim them. I would replay them if you have the time to avoid injuries.

It's not that you meant to do anything. I was contacted with regards to the high scores by new members who were concerned that they were in the wrong place. It doesn't bode well when new guys are seeing veteran guys in situations like this.

Keep in mind that you guys that have been here before the big explosion are examples for how these leagues are run. Guys will follow what you do regardless if you realize it or not.

I'm not upset or anything, I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. If you have any other concerns or questions then we can talk in the management forums.

13. Peerless_27

Peerless_27 Walk On

I must say that when I jumped into the Dynasty yesterday to play my game and saw some of the scores... it was a bit disturbing. I have a game scheduled against one of those FCS schools and almost feel like I want to SIM it.

14. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

OK guys couple things before I make all the proper changes tonight ....

I'm going to sim every FCS game this season and then not ever add them again. This gives us all the same advantage/disadvantage. I WILL make sure that everyone atleast gets a win in their FCS game for this year, but there isn't anything I can do about injuries.... Should I go ahead and do that, or should we all play the FCS schools and do our best to achieve sim-style results?

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It's not hard to achieve sim-style results. In TFIV, we had some FCS opponents and while I only beat them 49-13, from halftime on, it was the 2nd string and I did nothing but ran the ball 4-5 yards with chew clock on. It can be done. While I'm not spectacular at this game, if I wanted to, I could definitely put up 90+ on these FCS teams, but, again, I feel you seriously have to be trying to put up those kinds of points (defensive TDs or not).

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

If you haven't advanced by the time I get off work I'll replay. But I'm telling you I was barely trying, no defensive TDs, no special teams TDs. Just couldn't be stopped pressing forward on the stick.

I'll try out my 3rd string scrubs.

17. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Alright well then everyone can play their FCS games this season.... I won't add them again.... my bad clearly.

I've been forward so far in admitting the mistake and I'm working to fix it.... relax. I'm sure noone was purposely running up the score... I wont even throw the ball tonight when I play and I know noone else in the league will go stats crazy with their games.

If you would prefer your FCS game be simmed than please let me know and I will sim it for a win.

If you are going to play... MAXIMUM 60-70 points.....

Also... I haven't used the "burn the clock" feature or whatever it is called... how does it work?

18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Sorry Diggin, wasn't try to call you or the league out or anything. Just thought it would be good not to include those games in the future, wasn't trying to start a controversy.

I'll take care of my outrageous score when I get home, sorry for any trouble I caused.

19. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

BTW....

Alright Mors... you called me out too many times here! hahah

Next season... User game for us! I'll keep the score realllllly low for you too! haha Think maybe I'll win 10-7 or something... I think the UOIT Ridgebacks may have just developed their first rivalry....(y)

Coach Graves "Ahhhhh..... Coach Mors is just upset because his team can't do what The Ridgebacks can... Saint Augustus can't contend with us so I have already challenged them to a game next season. Hopefully school officials over there give Coach Mors the chance to step up and we can solve our issues on the field in 2011...... No, we have no issue with them at all but a little healthy competition can't hurt anyone. So... we'll bash them on the field next season and a rivalry will be born."

20. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Matrix no issues at all bro... I dont take shit like this personally. I know its "just" a video game, but we all prefer sim style results. I didn't even know I could take back a games results but I'll get on it tonight and we can work to remedy the situation.

You may also be challenged now... Mors is scared... you should be too!!!

21. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

:D

You've got yourself a challenge my friend.

Coach Mors had this to say about the recent comments from Coach Graves:

"To call us out after we played a VERY tough Penn State team close is utter nonsense. If the Ridgebacks think they have a chance to stop our potent offense, they've got another thing coming. Graves better be ready cause we're going to make it rain on his ass. No mercy!"

;)

22. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Good stuff. This league will thrive.

With that being said, none of you mofos want to take on the mighty Argonauts of West Florida. Come get some!

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Graves -

chew clock.. when you are at the main play call screen ("by formation","by type", etc)...at the very bottom, under super sim, is "chew clock"...right or left on the RS and you will turn it on/off.

simming games - anyone can sim their own games graves...there is an option to do it...it is under play this game when you are about to play your game.

As far as simming FCS games, if someone wants to sim their FCS game, lol go ahead, but imo that is stupid. Injuries will happen, I garuntee it. Also, like Mors said...my score was like 55-14...not hard.

24. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Diggin, can you throw out my results please so I can replay it?

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Maybe a bump up in sliders is also in order?